Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dawan Landry appears OK

According to the AP, Landry is normal, at least in the sense that he will suffer no paralysis. No word in the article about his football shape, but thats not important at this point. Just glad the guys ok

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...iRDigD93BCVHG0

Re: Dawan Landry appears OK

i was at the game and that was a terribly scary moment.thank god all reports are coming back he is fine.i knew it was bad when as he was on the ground before the play was over ray lewis was telling the sideline get somebody over there.thank god he is looking good to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    According to the AP, Landry is normal, at least in the sense that he will suffer no paralysis. No word in the article about his football shape, but thats not important at this point. Just glad the guys ok

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...iRDigD93BCVHG0
    Great News. I have not missed A Ravens home game ever, and today was one of the loudest days I can remember but for 10 minutes it was as quite as a library. For those 10 minutes there were no teams, just a bunch of worried players. Get well Dawan, soon.

I wasn't at the game but just from watching in on CBS, I agree totally with Mike B., the silence was deafeaning for about ten minutes while they attended to Landry. Players from both teams seemed very concerned -- I think Ray Lewis said a prayer while grouping with several members of the Ravens, and I saw several Browns players on their knees as well, watching in concern.

It was one of those sobering moments that makes you realize this is just a game. I'm sure players on both teams were thinking, "That could have happened to me." The concern from virtuallly everyone in attendance was obvious.

The great news is that last I heard, his prognosis is good. I guess we will hear more tomorrow or maybe tonight, but he was reported as being able to move his arms and legs, so that's a relief. He didn't seem to be moving at all after that play, which was pretty scary.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    He didn't seem to be moving at all after that play, which was pretty scary.
    Yes it was. He just crumpled to the turf and was motionless. Scared me half to death.

The Browns players reaction was a good sight to see.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Blog Entries

Scary moment that reminds us this game we love is a dangerous one.

I saw Landry talking as he was carted off, so I knew he at least had conciousness, that he had movement in his limbs was also good.

With a spinal cord concussion, I'd almost hold him out for a few weeks as a precaution. His mobility has probably fully returned, but you don't want to risk injuring it again so soon after, I would think anyway.

Leonhard, Zbikowski, and Nakamura can hold his spot while he recovers, I just want him to recover safely.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Roch posted this yesterday :

Landry was given a CT scan, and is being diagnosed with a spinal cord concussion. Luckily, he has neurologically recovered, has full movement, and will be held at Shock Trauma this evening for observation.

I did say to my wife how classy the Browns were at that moment...as much as we hate them and most other teams you see this all the time. Props to the Browns.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

What is particularly fortunate for Landry is that he plays in a city that contains some of the greatest medical facilities on the planet.

For a couple of seconds there I couldn't breath and had a huge lump in my throat when he didn't move! Thank goodness he's okay...

If you watch it again, he was twitching while he was laying on the field.

The Girlfriend, who is an ER nurse, knew right away it was serious. She also told me what he had to go through once he got to the Shock Trauma -- the Shock Trauma hand shake! Lemme just say it doesnt involve the patients hands in any way.

10. Re: Dawan Landry appears OK

Thank God he is ok. I had flashbacks to that Buffalo/Denver game & Kevin Everett.

Thank God for this news. It did not look good yesterday.

Get Well Soon Dawan

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven
    If you watch it again, he was twitching while he was laying on the field.
    I'm not sure what your point is here -- mild twitching while you're face down in the turf, seemingly unconsious, is not the same as moving your arms or legs when you want to.

It was disturbing to say the least, but the good news is that is apparently wasn't as serious as it could have been.