Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Repeat? Or be the 7th straight SB winning team to NOT win a playoff game in their next year?

It would seem recent history is stacked against the Baltimore Bullies.

Re: Repeat? Or be the 7th straight SB winning team to NOT win a playoff game in their next year?

I remember the talking heads saying the Ravens wouldn't make post season without Suggs last season. I'll wait and see what happens in 2013,not one to predict. If the Ravens do make post season, one more record for harbaugh, Flacco , and team. It would be sweet if it plays out.

Blog Entries

Re: Repeat? Or be the 7th straight SB winning team to NOT win a playoff game in their next year?

We need a LT before we start thinking repeat.

Even with all the pieces in place, repeating as champs is extraordinarily difficult.

I just felt it was interesting how WINNING Super Bowl teams - as opposing to losing ones - have disappeared in their follow-up campaigns in modern times.

Blog Entries

If there's a team to break that trend it's the Baltimore Ravens!

I'd say of the recent champions, this one has a better chance than most. I really did think the 2011 Packers though, with their gaudy 15-1 record were a cinch, but that team was flawed despite it's great record.

Many people compare the Ravens to the Giants, a team that was mediocre and caught fire at the right time, but I don't think it's an accurate comparison. The Ravens were a good team that was besieged by injuries that got healthy at the right time(and changed offensive coordinator at the right time). If they can stay healthy, have a good draft, they will have a good chance to repeat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Even with all the pieces in place, repeating as champs is extraordinarily difficult.

I just felt it was interesting how WINNING Super Bowl teams - as opposing to losing ones - have disappeared in their follow-up campaigns in modern times.
    I think Harbs has what it takes to at least get us a playoff win. We are in pretty good position to make a run at the division again. And its tough for an opposing team to come into bmore and win in a playoff environment.

I predict at least one playoff victory this year. After that, who knows.

Right, Jimi???

If any time is primed to halt that 7-year streak, it's the team that's won at least one playoff game for 5 straight years.

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    If any time is primed to halt that 7-year streak, it's the team that's won at least one playoff game for 5 straight years.
    This.

I do not see any reason why the Ravens do not win the division again and win a playoff game.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

We ended the NFC's streak of Superbowl wins at 3, and we'll end this one too. At least one playoff win next season for us. After that anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    This.

I do not see any reason why the Ravens do not win the division again and win a playoff game.
    Well, let's face reality. Injuries and bad luck can do-in any team. I can see a dozen reasons why ANY good team - Ravens included - would fail to win their division or win a playoff game. Take last year's Broncos and the previous year's Packers as teams who inexplicably won zero playoff games.