Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs up Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

Well...yes and no RW.

Kickers get dropped mid season all the time. If they want to replace SH, they can find somebody.

The Ravens have never been a big player in the trade market, but if they were willing to part w/ some player / draft pick combo they could prolly land an upgrade at WR or CB. I know they won't, but it is possible.

After the bye week they need to go no worse than 2-1 in those next 3 games...if not, I think you say see ya to the playoffs.

FM

Re: You can't pin the loss solely on Haushka

Landry had me furious on that second TD pass to Shiancoe. He was waiting for him to run an out pattern in the end zone. It was pathetic while he stood there and watched a TD. Mattison should be furious. I dont understand how they can be playing this bad. Make a statement Mattison!!!!

You can look at this from just about any angle and you'd all be right.

The dude has one job, and one job only...
    Kick the freakin' ball between the uprights from a distance within reason.
    God only knows how many practice kicks he makes a day.
    I'll assume it's alot.
    As a professional NFL kicker, being under pressure is part of the job.
    If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen!!

To me right now at this point is the lack of depth on his kickoffs that's more disturbing.
    There ain't no pressure in that shit.
    That is the main reason he was retained and he ain't much better then what Stover was capable of doing.

It's unfortunate he was put in the situation he was put in yesterday, but that happens quite often in the NFl so he better get use to it quickly.
    He clearly looked nervous to me as well.
    Too soon to bust his ass out after one important miss, but the treshold has certainly decreased significantly IMO.

Can't blame the lose on him though.
    You cannot go into that place and spot a team like that 14-17 point leads and expect to win.
    The fact that we had a chance to win at the end was amazing in itself.

Kind of wierd how all three of our losses seemed to be lost in the last seconds of each game except each one was from a different phase of the team.

New England- Clayton drops a ball a 10 year old could have caught.
    Cincy- Defense gives up a last minute drive and TD.
    Minnesota- Special teams kicker shanks a very makeable kick.

All three brutal in their own way but equally heart breaking.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Oh! But it's so much easier to make one scapegoat than face reality that the team has several issues!

You killjoy!
    Best post all week.

And the scapegoat is easily identified as the guy who made the last mistake.

The radio crew pointed out that our kick coverage unit was able to get downfield and get after Harvin because the kicks were *high*, which apparently was a strategic decision. There is more to kickoffs and leg strength than touchbacks...
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

what about 3 pts in the first half? That tepid offensive performance is inexcusable, I dont care what the final score was.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Best post all week.

The radio crew pointed out that our kick coverage unit was able to get downfield and get after Harvin because the kicks were *high*, which apparently was a strategic decision. There is more to kickoffs and leg strength than touchbacks...
    But....but.....but festivus. The armchair ST coaches that want Hauschka immediately cut say that every kick should go into the endzone no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Best post all week.

It's those little details that people either forget or choose to ignore.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    It's those little details that people either forget or choose to ignore.
    Or in the case of the casual fan (which is most fans compared to folks like us in here) don't even notice or wouldn't get the relevance even if they noticed in the first place.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!