Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,417 to 1,428 of 1438
    Blog Entries

Re: Game Thread -- Ravens @ Broncos -- 9/5/13

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Raiders cast off garbage.
    Remember the logic some tried to use when they brought in Huff and McClain, that it was playing in Oakland that made them bad players or made them not care? Yeah...about that too...

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Please, lets stop calling Huff by Huff and call him what he is, a cream Puff.

BTW, serious concerns about the running game at this point. It was bad in the preseason too.
    Agreed with the running game.

We aren't going to win throwing the ball as much as we did...not because Joe can't do it, but because this receiving unit just isn't reliable.

We are going to need to run the ball this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Agreed with the running game.

We aren't going to win throwing the ball as much as we did...not because Joe can't do it, but because this receiving unit just isn't reliable.

We are going to need to run the ball this year.

They were a couple drops from putting up 40+. If Jacoby doesn't get hurt this is a whole different ball game. The coaches drew up a plan around 3 speedy WRs, and ended up having to use the TEs.

iggyman555 Guest

harbs just said NBC never showed the replay up there after the welker drop

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I hate the excuse that defense is gassed b/c of the offense. F----ing stop them and get off the field.
    It is a totally legitimate "excuse." The defense did stop them, but when your offense is so shitty you can barely sit down before you are on the field again, at mile high, vs. no huddle, against the best offense in the league, eventually you will get gassed. Denver punted 7 times this game. We punted 9.

That said, the defense has issues for sure, namely at safety. That screen that went yard, one of the Welker rubs, and the early TE TDs were safety issues.

Graham will be fine, he was matched against basically the best slot guy in the league and the best (close enough not to argue) QB in the league and made some quick tackles after catches. Even the Caldwell and Thomas sideline TDs were semi-decent coverage just perfect throws.

I give the defense, all things considered a B-. I give the offense a generous C-. Special teams a D-. Coaching a D.

Huff, Clark, Dickson and Stokley are a waste of a roster space. The Ravens will be at a distinct disadvantage playing with 49 players when the other team has 53

Ravens D was on the field less than the Broncos D. Ravens TOP was 33:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Remember the logic some tried to use when they brought in Huff and McClain, that it was playing in Oakland that made them bad players or made them not care? Yeah...about that too...
    Preaching to the choir. I was one of the few that hated the McClain signing and was routinely jumped on for not falling in line with it.

I heard all the BS "Raiders organization is responsible for players underachieving" crap...the only guy who blossomed after leaving Oakland was Randy Moss.

Huff not only can't cover, but looked like a absolute coward on that last Thomas TD. Not even Ed Reed did that and Ed had a legit excuse. He looks NOTHING like a Ravens type of player.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

If there is a silver lining here, it's that the game wasn't as bad as the score would suggest. We were winning at halftime. Then the wheels came off the wagon in the third quarter, with a series of freak plays. That's not something that will happen every week. I think the team is better than it looked tonight. We have a lot of new moving parts on this team. It will take some time for the players to gel.

Harbs looks pissed

Quote Originally Posted by hokiefan View Post
    They were a couple drops from putting up 40+. If Jacoby doesn't get hurt this is a whole different ball game. The coaches drew up a plan around 3 speedy WRs, and ended up having to use the TEs.
    They are going to continue to drop balls. Dallas Clark is washed up, and Ed Dickson hasn't learned how to catch in 4 years. And Jacoby had a good start, but he doesn't have a reputation for good hands either.

Blog Entries

We miss reed. His ability to cover up some average corners is sorely missed.