Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: This is INSANITY

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    There are no context clues. Very few QBs in the NFL call their own plays. That's why, even in the no huddle, Flacco is always looking to the sideline and waiting for the play call to come it.

They don't turn the microphone in his helmet off because they are in the no huddle.

Heck, it wasn't that long ago that many Ravens fans thought that Flacco wasn't even allowed to audible! Now you think he's calling his own plays? Really?
    Ah I was waiting for that.... The mic is only on till 15 seconds left on the the playclock. There were multiple games last year and a few this year that CAM has taken so long to get the play into the huddle. Joe then is rushing up to the line with less then 8-10 seconds left on the play clock. By the time the line gets set they have 3-4 seconds to snap it. That gives a defense an advatage.

You have to look at a game and see the the complete diffrence when They are huddle and NO huddle. When at home games I have looked at CAM when we are running the no huddle and very rare do you see his IHOP card in front of his face. That is the first CLEAR sign that he CAM is not making the playcall.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    landspeed the problem people are having with you is that your very bold prediction has too many variables to be even reportly accurate. Your of the opinoin that Dalton is having a better year than Flacco. I would agree Andy is out playing Joe is some areas and vice versa.

But for arguement's sake lets say your view is fact; Andy is far outplaying Joe in every measurable category. How does that equal The Ravens will be chasing the Bengals in the division for "years to come"? You have either completely disregarded or under valued every other aspect of buiding a successful franchise. Drafting players, acquiring talent via free agency, losing players to free agency and retirement, injuries, coaching staff and front office changes, are just a few variables that could impact the success or lack there of, of a franchise.

Another variable you have overlooked is, There are 5 games remaining this season. What if Joe goes on a run? Averages 350 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs, the rest of the way. While The Red Rifle takes a nose dive, averaging 200 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs, over the remaining 5 games. This may not be probable but it is possible. It would punch a hole in your prediction. Or Andy has a down year next season while Joe has a Peyton type year. Would the Ravens still be chasing the Bengals for years to come still?

Are you seeing the problem other posters are having yet?

Furthermore here are Joe's and Andy's stats for this season. Fairly similar. If anything I would argue Joe is having a down year, compared to Andy having an average year.

Joe Flacco:
    http://pfref.com/pi/share/acMIz

Andy Dalton:
    http://pfref.com/pi/share/JDZVv

Almost every single category there, Dalton is better than Joe. TD %, Y/A, TDs, Rating, Comp %.
    They arent very similar.

And for the 100th time, I have said that Joe IS a 30+ TD QB. I have said, in this thread multiple times, that yes we will be chasing the bengals... but youre Fox News-ing my comment, I said unless. something. changes.

And that something is the OC. Joe is also not having a down year, hes having a normal year. Hes right on pace to break last years unbreakable record of 20 touchdowns. Remarkable.

And how does Dalton out-playing Joe, not make you worried? Its only his 2nd year. And its not like this is a fluke year, he was pretty damn good last year as a rookie.

I am not "disregarding" our ability to build a franchise. YOU guys are disregarding the bengals ability to build a franchise. Im just going to throw a few names out there:

Andy Dalton
    AJ Green
    Geno Atkins
    Carlos Dunlap
    Leon Hall
    Jermaine Gresham
    Vontaze Burfict
    Ray Maualuga
    Dre Kirkpatrick(TBD, just started playing)

Unless something changes on offense, YES, the bengals will be better than us in a year or 2.

And just an FYI:
    It wasnt until Carson Palmer left cinci or until Ben Roethlisberger started being injured for every single ravens game, that we started dominating the division.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Simply using stats to say Dalton is playing better than Joe, doesn't fly with everyone. Some think Joe was better X year than Y year because of stats, but I think stats aside last year was better than the year before and this year he's better than last year. And either year I'd take him over Dalton, especially for this offense.

So criticize away, we all do.
    Any strong-armed QB could do well in this offense. All it is, is go routes, outs and comebacks

Which is why Cleo Lemon and Philip Rivers lit the world on fire under Cam in SD and Miami.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    You called him a Bengals fan and asked why he is interested in what the Ravens do. Now you are just pretending that you didn't post that while saying, "No one here is questioning your fandom."

LOL, indeed.
    Good catch. LOL. I did just that. Oh well. Sue me:)

Blog Entries

I swear Landspeed and Rharris are the same guys, or maybe brothers...

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

OYE :DeadHorse:

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

I've been complaining about this mentality for years. They started off running the Sugar Huddle on the road. It struggled at first, although they should have scored about 27 against Philadelphia. Instead of working through the problems, tweaking a few things here and there, they go conservative. Then, when they get caught with their backs against the wall, they suddenly ask that offense to come off of the bench cold and win the game. It's the same philosophy we've seen here for three or four years now. It'll probably yield the same result, a postseason exit short of the Super Bowl, because I'll tell you one thing, they'll never develop a dominant passing offense this way.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Which is why Cleo Lemon and Philip Rivers lit the world on fire under Cam in SD and Miami.
    Im not sure if youre being sarcastic or not but in his first year starting(his only year with cam) Rivers had 62% Completion, 3400 yards, 22 TDs, 9 INT.

Sound like a familiar stat line?

I guess I should have said, "as well as Joe."

The more fellow board members read this opinion of mine the better I like it. You are just like having a free publicity firm. Thanks for quoting me so often

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Almost every single category there, Dalton is better than Joe. TD %, Y/A, TDs, Rating, Comp %.
    They arent very similar.

And for the 100th time, I have said that Joe IS a 30+ TD QB. I have said, in this thread multiple times, that yes we will be chasing the bengals... but youre Fox News-ing my comment, I said unless. something. changes.

And that something is the OC. Joe is also not having a down year, hes having a normal year. Hes right on pace to break last years unbreakable record of 20 touchdowns. Remarkable.

And how does Dalton out-playing Joe, not make you worried? Its only his 2nd year. And its not like this is a fluke year, he was pretty damn good last year as a rookie.

I am not "disregarding" our ability to build a franchise. YOU guys are disregarding the bengals ability to build a franchise. Im just going to throw a few names out there:

Andy Dalton
    AJ Green
    Geno Atkins
    Carlos Dunlap
    Leon Hall
    Jermaine Gresham
    Vontaze Burfict
    Ray Maualuga
    Dre Kirkpatrick(TBD, just started playing)

Unless something changes on offense, YES, the bengals will be better than us in a year or 2.

And just an FYI:
    It wasnt until Carson Palmer left cinci or until Ben Roethlisberger started being injured for every single ravens game, that we started dominating the division.
    Fox News-ing your comment. Cute. Way to henge your bet, "unless something changes". Sounds like Skip Bayless picking games... Team A "should" win.

Oh now its the Bengals will be better than us in a year or two... thats just too easy.

I'm not disregarding the Bengals ability to build a franchise. Given their history in building their franchise, I'll become afraid of them if/when they become a threat.

As for us not dominating the division until the great Carson Palmer left...correct me if I'm wrong but the Carson led Bengals won the division twice and NEVER won a playoff game. On the same note Andy Dalton is already 0-1 in the playoffs. Also from '03 to '10 (while Carson as still a Bengal) the Ravens had 1 division title and won 4 playoff games. Doesn't seem like the Carson led Bengals were a huge huddle. The division, since the 2002 realignment has, for the most part, belonged to the Steelers.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    You have to look at a game and see the the complete diffrence when They are huddle and NO huddle. When at home games I have looked at CAM when we are running the no huddle and very rare do you see his IHOP card in front of his face. That is the first CLEAR sign that he CAM is not making the playcall.
    So, you're telling me that Cam Cameron, who most Ravens fans think is an authoritarian, control freak, who is stunting Joe Flacco's growth as a QB and won't let him audible, is actually letting Flacco call the plays in the no huddle?

OK, well, you can believe what you want to believe, but I'm sorry, whatever you think you are seeing or whatever you think it means, isn't the case. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but rarely in the NFL are QBs allowed to make their own calls. Ask anyone in the know. Ask Tony. Ask Aaron Wilson. Ask Vinny Cerrato. Email someone at ESPN. This isn't the 50s and 60s any longer.

QBs certainly have the ability to audible and have the ability to decide which receiver to throw to within the play, but they aren't out there deciding what the play call/formation is going to be.

Lastly, yes, there is a difference between the offense at home and on the road, by design it appears. There was also a big difference between the no huddle offense at home and the no huddle on the road prior to the Houston game (when they pretty much shelved it).

But, again, I guess that was Flacco calling those bad no huddle plays in Philly, Kc and Houston, right?

Oh wait, that doesn't fit the premise does it?
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 11-28-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap