Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Ben Play?

Re: Does Ben Play?

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Don't underestimate homefield advantage. We won in a squeaker last year at the ketchup factory, but we annihliated them at M&T Bank.
    True but at the same time I'm not going to underestimate the Steelers either despite all of their injuries. On paper we should have blasted the steelers a few weeks ago but we didn't hence my skepticisim as to whether we can blow them out of the water despite being at home.

Blog Entries

Citing a source with knowledge of Ben Roethlisberger's injuries, ESPN's Bob Holtzman reported Wednesday that "right now there's less than a 50 percent chance" of Big Ben playing in Week 13.
    Per Holtzman, Roethlisberger's dislocated rib remains his "biggest issue," and Big Ben isn't convinced that he can throw the football effectively enough to play against the Ravens. The Steelers are still allowing Roethlisberger to "push himself" through practice, and see how his body responds. Holtzman notes that both of Big Ben's injuries -- his sprained shoulder and rib dislocation -- have a "very high risk of reinjury" should Roethlisberger return too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/27/...till-to-start/

“Right now Charlie Batch is our quarterback,” said Tomlin. “We are working offensively to put together a plan to complement his strengths. .”
    Good luck w/ that

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Good luck w/ that
    He's really good at handing the ball off, unfortunately their running backs are also really good at fumbling.

First off, Ben isn't playing. Coach Epps presser today made it pretty clear that Batch was their guy this weekend. This "we'll leave the door open for Ben" is nonsense.

I think the Steelers are going back to basic no-nonsense football and hoping they can run on us and their defense can keep it close.

Batch trying to throw the long ball on Sunday was atrocious. His passes hung in the air like punts. So what you'll have is Batch throwing short/intermediate passes off play action and a lot of handoffs to Dwyer. And my guess is we'll see their defense blitzing twice as much as they did two weeks ago in hopes of making Joe screw up.

What else do they have to lose?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    First off, Ben isn't playing. Coach Epps presser today made it pretty clear that Batch was their guy this weekend. This "we'll leave the door open for Ben" is nonsense.

I think the Steelers are going back to basic no-nonsense football and hoping they can run on us and their defense can keep it close.

Batch trying to throw the long ball on Sunday was atrocious. His passes hung in the air like punts. So what you'll have is Batch throwing short/intermediate passes off play action and a lot of handoffs to Dwyer. And my guess is we'll see their defense blitzing twice as much as they did two weeks ago in hopes of making Joe screw up.

I agree. From everything I've read, it seems like Ben is out. Again you never know with Ben, but the injuries he has are high risk for re injury and make it difficult to throw. It's not like a sprained ankle where can hobble around like last year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post

I agree. From everything I've read, it seems like Ben is out. Again you never know with Ben, but the injuries he has are high risk for re injury and make it difficult to throw. It's not like a sprained ankle where can hobble around like last year.

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
    Mike Tomlin was asked if Steelers have plans to "unleash hell" on Sunday: "No, we're just going to stick to playing football."
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
    Tomlin on Ben's life-threatening rib injury: “I never viewed it as such. There was talk about that, but I wasn’t involved in that discussion

Blog Entries

@Ravens
    Tomlin on Ben's life-threatening rib injury: “I never viewed it as such. There was talk about that, but I wasn’t involved in that discussion
    Wait, what? Mike Tomlin, are you saying that Ben Roethlisberger was completely full of shit about the extent of one of his injuries? THAT NEVER HAPPENS!
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Please, for the love of God will some member of the legitimate sports media just once call Ben Roethlisberger out on his bullshit?
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Please, for the love of God will some member of the legitimate sports media just once call Ben Roethlisberger out on his bullshit?
    He needs to be. For once I believed him. Never again.

Blog Entries

What I want to know is how the hell is Ben going to be able to draw attention towards his rib injury, given that it is underneath his jersey? Brightly colored gauze won't work, nobody will see it. Will he try to get away with wearing weird thing that Paul Kruger somehow gets away with wearing, so that he can leave his jersey untucked, and so that everyone will be able to see the gauze?