Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaws' film room

Blog Entries

Re: Jaws' film room

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Straining my brain for playoff, red zone, passing TDs...

2011 - Pitta vs. NE
    2010 - Boldin vs. KC
    2010 - Rice or McGhee vs. PIT ???

Sent from my G3 using Tapatalk 2
    he had two in the Houston game IIRC

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The 25 regular season plus the 6 playoffs. Still remarkable.

Vs KC 2010
    R.Rice 9 yd. pass from J.Flacco (B.Cundiff kick) (11-80, 5:30)
    A.Boldin 4 yd. pass from J.Flacco (B.Cundiff kick) (6-31, 2:59)

VS Pitt 2010
    T.Heap 4 yd. pass from J.Flacco (B.Cundiff kick) (6-16, 3:02)

VS Hou 2011
    K.Wilson 1 yd. pass from J.Flacco (B.Cundiff kick) (3-2, 1:21)
    A.Boldin 10 yd. pass from J.Flacco (B.Cundiff kick) (5-34, 2:05)

VS NE 2011
    D.Pitta 6 yd. pass from J.Flacco (B.Cundiff kick) (8-80, 4:32)
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Straining my brain for playoff, red zone, passing TDs...

2011 - Pitta vs. NE
    2010 - Boldin vs. KC
    2010 - Rice or McGhee vs. PIT ???

In the redzone during the playoffs for all 4 years:

2008 - 0TDs vs. Miami
    2008 - 0TDs vs. Titans
    2008 - 0TDs vs. PIT
    2009 - 0TDs vs. Pats
    2009 - 0TDs vs Colts, but he had 1 INT in the redzone with less than 1:30 left in the game.
    2010 - Heap vs. PIT
    2010 - Boldin and Rice vs. KC
    2011 - Wilson and Boldin vs. HOU
    2011 - Pitta vs. NE

Thanks!

"The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Not surprising, he's always taken care of the ball BUT the sack rate near 10% in the red zone is troubling despite.

Don't wanna discount the 31TD, 0INT stat, BUT the RZ conversion rate leaves a lot to be desired.

23 for 62 is pathetic. Ravens won 13 games last season, but remember how frustrating they were to watch? It was RedZone conversions. They got the ball inside the 20 and kicked a FG enough times to make me wanna puke.

The 2011 TD conversion rate was 50% which ranked 18th. That includes rushing and passing. The Ravens were topped by teams like the Panthers, Titans, and Jets who didn't even make the playoffs last year.

A TO in this part of the field can be mitigated by field position and a good defense like the Raven's have. I personally prefer that Flacco take more chances. This is an area that this team DEFINITELY needs to improve! I blame it on a combination of play-calling, WR play, and QB trepidation. Yes, 3pts is better than zero, but 6pts is better than 3.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Not surprising, he's always taken care of the ball BUT the sack rate near 10% in the red zone is troubling despite.
    aside from all the fumbles last year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

that INT against the colts from the 21, not in the RZ. So it is 31TDS 0 INTs

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    In the redzone during the playoffs for all 4 years:

2008 - 0TDs vs. Miami
    2008 - 0TDs vs. Titans
    2008 - 0TDs vs. PIT
    2009 - 0TDs vs. Pats
    2009 - 0TDs vs Colts, but he had 1 INT in the redzone with less than 1:30 left in the game.
    2010 - Heap vs. PIT
    2010 - Boldin and Rice vs. KC
    2011 - Wilson and Boldin vs. HOU
    2011 - Pitta vs. NE

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    he had two in the Houston game IIRC
    Correct

FYI, if you're still not sure take a look at http://www.pro-football-reference.co...downs/passing/

I count 31 TDs thrown in 2010 and 2011, including playoffs, that traveled 20 yards or less. I haven't found as good a site for INT's but so far I haven't found any--the INT vs the Colts at the 21 is the closest, but FYI if you guys remember that, Boldin could have had an easy TD on that pass but for his alligator arms. It was a perfectly thrown ball.

The larger point here in any event is that Flacco has less red zone attempts than guys like Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady have TD's (I'm not saying he's on their level, only making that specific point.) This is a team that lives and dies by the run, particularly in the red zone, and only really wants to throw red zone passes on 3rd and long.

Any team that runs as much as the Ravens do in the red zone is not going to convert at a high rate.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    FYI, if you're still not sure take a look at http://www.pro-football-reference.co...downs/passing/

I count 31 TDs thrown in 2010 and 2011, including playoffs, that traveled 20 yards or less. I haven't found as good a site for INT's but so far I haven't found any--the INT vs the Colts at the 21 is the closest, but FYI if you guys remember that, Boldin could have had an easy TD on that pass but for his alligator arms. It was a perfectly thrown ball.

The larger point here in any event is that Flacco has less red zone attempts than guys like Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady have TD's (I'm not saying he's on their level, only making that specific point.) This is a team that lives and dies by the run, particularly in the red zone, and only really wants to throw red zone passes on 3rd and long.

Any team that runs as much as the Ravens do in the red zone is not going to convert at a high rate.
    Plus we get to the red zone a lot less, I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    When Flacco lobbies for the ball in his hands more, I think this is exactly what he is talking about. He wants 2/3 RZ downs to be passing attempts, not rushing attempts. I think he gets over 32TD's this year.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.