Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5051525354 ... LastLast

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Kelly also has Arrelious Benn, Damaris Johnson, and Jeff Maehl. None of which really contributed last year, but may this year.
    Jeff Maehl, the Oregon go-to WR a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    That's kind of like saying the Ravens don't have a need at OT because they have Monroe, Reid, Wagner and Mims on the roster.
    Disagree completely.

One situation is 3 capable starter level players, the other is 1, maybe 1 and a 1/2 with two total jags...

The Indianapolis Colts after a very long wait watching many players they wanted go by and trying to keep their owner awake during the draft have decided on their pick.
    There are many needs for this team but Coach Chuck Pagano spoke up and wanted more defense so with their first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select...Demarcus Lawrence OLB Boise State

There is also the fact that they played 2013 without Jeremy Macklin, so he could be the 'replacement' for Jackson, and the need for a WR isn't one of those top priorities. Plus add Sproles and a 3rd-4th round complimentary WR to that mix and Kelly could simply use guys differently in that offense.
    All true. If they added an Archer I wouldn't expect him to be as prominent in the offense as DeSean, at least not right away. I would however imagine that they would run similar plays for him. No doubt Macklin and Cooper are the 1&2 WR's now. Plus Sproles has to be incorporated, but he's turning 31 with some miles on him.

I would see Archer as that future home run hitter I guess, which I believe Kelly will always want, but they could certainly live without him and still be dynamic. Archer could also be a returner. We haven't even mentioned McCoy, who may be the best all purpose back in the NFL now, a solid TE group and a strong Oline. It really comes down to Foles maintaining his level of play and the defense being at least decent. If that happens they are a legit SB contender.

Blog Entries

That's kind of like saying the Ravens don't have a need at OT because they have Monroe, Reid, Wagner and Mims on the roster.
    While I agree to an extent...

Cole, Barwin, and Graham are much better players than Reid and Mims. Jury is still out on Wagner.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Jeff Maehl, the Oregon go-to WR a couple years ago.
    the very same.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by temp19 View Post
    The Indianapolis Colts after a very long wait watching many players they wanted go by and trying to keep their owner awake during the draft have decided on their pick.
    There are many needs for this team but Coach Chuck Pagano spoke up and wanted more defense so with their first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select...Demarcus Lawrence OLB Boise State
    Interesting selection.

Blog Entries

Carey and the Carolina Panthers are on the clock.

Why is that?

Blog Entries

Panthers need a WR like woah...but I could see them looking at Carlos Hyde.

DeAngelo Williams isn't an every down guy anymore and Jon Stewart is always hurt. To top it off, they're both VERY expensive for what they provide.

Hyde gives them a bell cow and the ability to purge some dead cap weight. Just my $0.02.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by temp19 View Post
    Why is that?
    Just wasn't expecting to see his name called in the 2nd round.

I was expecting to see the Colts look at a RB like Carolos Hyde, Jeremy Hill, or Tre Mason. Or, maybe a guard like Gabe Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just wasn't expecting to see his name called in the 2nd round.

I was expecting to see the Colts look at a RB like Carolos Hyde, Jeremy Hill, or Tre Mason. Or, maybe a guard like Gabe Jackson.
    I was looking at RB but that would magnify the bad trade last year because then their first two picks of this year would be used on RB's. Also I feel they need a Center more then a Guard and the Center position is not the best this year in the draft. I think if Lawrence can get over the character issues he would be beast. I was targeting Borland but he went right in front of us. And I feel the Panthers need a WR like Latimer much more then a RB right now.