Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Skip Bayless doesn't see the difference between Leftwich and Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    :word

Truth. He tries to say whatever will make the most noise. Why else would he keep coming out with these moronic statements? It's stunning how he's able to keep a job. This is why I stopped watching ESPN for anything but games years ago.
    This is it. There is very little that attracts me to ESPN anymore except actual games being played and some of their commercials are funny, the ones that don't involve the college gameday crew anyway....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    This is it. There is very little that attracts me to ESPN anymore except actual games being played and some of their commercials are funny, the ones that don't involve the college gameday crew anyway....
    Those are the funniest ones!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The man has us losing our final 7 games to miss the playoffs so his preseason prediction
    can come true, talk about desperation. He's also pissed that Tebow is not getting a chance to
    play therefore ruining his (Bayless) chances of winning a second Webby award (he needs Tebow to boost his image).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Well NFLN's Heath Evans has a case of the ass for the Ravens as well. He stated on NFLTA that he guaranteed that the Steelers would win the division even with Ben out.

A lot of their hate comes from their disdain for Flacco. All I will say is that they will be proven wrong.
    I haven't watched NFL Network in a while but I did see a video from Total Access on baltimoreravens.com where Evans picked the Ravens to win the division even after they got destroyed by the Texans. I guess he's back to hating them again, I'll continue to ignore that network and Bayless.

Blog Entries

Bayless is struggling right now. His Cowboys aren't looking too good. His Bengals went and lost four straight, after he talked about how resilient they would be following week 1. Now, Ben is hurt. New England is in a close game more often than usual.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Whatever happened to "good" news coverage and analysis?

I confess, I live under a rock in a cave, and don't get out much, but I yearn, I crave, I ACHE for a network or other readily available mainstream sports coverage entity (preferably television) that I know I can randomly tune into and get solid, unbiased, intelligent reporting and analysis/opinion on the Ravens and the NFL....

other than this forum, of course!!!

Anybody have any thoughts?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I haven't watched NFL Network in a while but I did see a video from Total Access on baltimoreravens.com where Evans picked the Ravens to win the division even after they got destroyed by the Texans. I guess he's back to hating them again, I'll continue to ignore that network and Bayless.
    Yeah, what was that horseshit? Evans is on my shitlist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Bayless is struggling right now. His Cowboys aren't looking too good. His Bengals went and lost four straight, after he talked about how resilient they would be following week 1. Now, Ben is hurt. New England is in a close game more often than usual.
    Ex you forgot the biggest one of all, his son Tebow has very little chance of starting at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Yeah, what was that horseshit? Evans is on my shitlist.
    Evans is the king of the shitface club.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Whatever happened to "good" news coverage and analysis?

I confess, I live under a rock in a cave, and don't get out much, but I yearn, I crave, I ACHE for a network or other readily available mainstream sports coverage entity (preferably television) that I know I can randomly tune into and get solid, unbiased, intelligent reporting and analysis/opinion on the Ravens and the NFL....

other than this forum, of course!!!

Anybody have any thoughts?
    I wish I knew where to find the "Old School". I was a Sporting News Guy for years until they turned to "touchy-feely" stuff. I liked the old reporting/statistics format in the day. Now it is all about "entertainment".
    Captain Offense

11. Re: Skip Bayless doesn't see the difference between Leftwich and Flacco.

Someone should tell Skip that average QBs like Leftwich with interminably slow releases are backup QBs for a reason.

Then tell him why that also applies to Tebow.

Btw, in Todd Haley's new dink & dunk offense Leftwich with his 'slow release + inexperience running it' is a REALLY bad fit.
    But that could mean that Haley has the receivers run longer routes to counter that, gambling that the Ravens pass rush/secondary have been weakened enough that this strategy might work.
    Also expect play-action from the Steelers, since that helps avg QBs to be productive, which means the Ravens are best served jumping to a large lead forcing Pitt to abandon the run.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Umm lots of people drive all over the field on the Patriots. And the Raiders.

To your point about winning championships:

1) we haven't with Flacco, either
    2) I think we'd have had equal success since 2008 with a Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton as we've had with Flacco. Kolb is way far below average and Vick is a who knows.
    To say this shows your bias against Joe. If you really believe what your saying I have no response.

To each his own I guess.