Page 72 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7071727374 ... LastLast

Cool Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    How many years does Brady have left? I think they're a little panic stricken that they have to get him the weapons to win now before it's too late. But guess what... it's too late ;)
    The bigger problem for the Pats is that their defense is still not that great! It's improved from their awful 2011 defense but it is still average at best. Their CBs and safeties still are not solid, their LBs are big, great run stoppers, but too slow to deal with today's passing game, and their D Linemen, except for Wolfork, are nothing much!

They keep trying to out score teams and get the best record during the regular season so they can play all of their games at home as if that is a sure way to win a Championship! The only problem is either the Jets or the Ravens knock them out at home during the playoffs (Ravens should have knocked them off at home twice, but that is another story), or they do make it to the Superbowl but they still lose to a team that has both an offense and a defense (Giants).

They are desperate and they are really stupid now and, like Denver, they have maybe two years at best to win one.

I don't think either team will do it and I am already laughing my guts out over it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I know his tender from Pitt was one year but to give up a 3rd for a one year deal is a head scratcher. It may be that they'll end up signing him to a longer term. I am out of ideas...
    My thoughts as well. Seems like a pretty unbelichick thing to do.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    The bigger problem for the Pats is that their defense is still not that great! It's improved from their awful 2011 defense but it is still average at best. Their CBs and safeties still are not solid, their LBs are big, great run stoppers, but too slow to deal with today's passing game, and their D Linemen, except for Wolfork, are nothing much!

They keep trying to out score teams and get the best record during the regular season so they can play all of their games at home as if that is a sure way to win a Championship! The only problem is either the Jets or the Ravens knock them out at home during the playoffs (Ravens should have knocked them off at home twice, but that is another story), or they do make it to the Superbowl but they still lose to a team that has both an offense and a defense (Giants).

They are desperate and they are really stupid now and, like Denver, they have maybe two years at best to win one.

I don't think either team will do it and I am already laughing my guts out over it!
    Odds are stacked against Peyton and Brady. Older qbs rarely win the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

It's pretty simple, Belichick is losing his mystique, but continuing to believe his own hype. It's self destruction at it's finest.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Interesting....Harrison to visit the Bengals. Could be a good pick up for them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...ls-source-says

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Interesting....Harrison to visit the Bengals. Could be a good pick up for them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...ls-source-says
    it would also be kind of funny...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It's pretty simple, Belichick is losing his mystique, but continuing to believe his own hype. It's self destruction at it's finest.
    Until the Pats start missing the playoffs it's hard to believe that they are self-destructing and not just re-tooling. I do agree with you though that Bill is a firm believer in the myth that he's created for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Until the Pats start missing the playoffs it's hard to believe that they are self-destructing and not just re-tooling. I do agree with you though that Bill is a firm believer in the myth that he's created for himself.
    And it'll probably be a while before they miss the playoffs in THAT division...
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Blog Entries

Raiders working out Vince Young and Troy Smith.

Apparently, Young was really impressive, accurate, and had a good understanding of what they were trying to do. Maybe the guy makes a comeback?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Apparently, Young was really impressive, accurate, and had a good understanding of what they were trying to do. Maybe the guy makes a comeback?
    I think he does. I cant see there being 64+ QBs better than him really, and i think hes desperate enough to take just about any offer. He seems to have his head on straight now that all that rookie money is gone and reality has sunk in. some guys need to hit bottom before changing. I think he did that.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think he does. I cant see there being 64+ QBs better than him really, and i think hes desperate enough to take just about any offer. He seems to have his head on straight now that all that rookie money is gone and reality has sunk in. some guys need to hit bottom before changing. I think he did that.
    With the amount of terrible QB's in the NFL right now, I won't be surprised if Vince Young catches on somewhere.

Blog Entries

Young just doesn't have the ability to run an offense and his legs aren't what they used to be. He was given a chance in Philly, he was given a chance in Buffalo and he couldn't even beat one of those guys out. I doubt he signs anywhere in the NFL but maybe as a backup

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!