Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why We're Going to the Superbowl!

Longtime lurker, first-time poster. I'm bored with all the negative threads. I think we're going to beat the Patriots. I really, really do. I don't have any superstitions about posting it. If my bad mojo causes the Ravens to lose, then I guess we had more problems than I figured.

Here's the thing that blows my mind. Not only did the Pats not beat a single winning team this year, they only faced a top 10 defense 4 out the 17 games they've played: Jets x2, Eagles, and the Steelers. They lost one of them, obviously. So Brady and the receivers' numbers aren't as impressive when you figure they've feasted on the middling and bottom defenses all season.

Our guy Flacco faced a top 10 defense in 12 games this year and only lost 2 of them.

Brady's winning percentage over good defenses: 75%
    Flacco's winning percentage over good defenses: 83%

And Flacco does it handcuffed by idiotic Cam Cameron calls, with rookies and butterfingers, on a team where his best receivers aren't even receivers. Who is the sportswriter who said the Ravens win in spite of Flacco? Totally wrong. Flacco wins in spite of butterfinger drops and boneheaded calls.

But what's all this talk about Flacco beating good defenses anyway? The Pats don't have one!

And what's all the talk about stats? Stats don't play the games. Human beings do. And I've noticed that our team is playing with a lot more heart and soul this year than I've seen in the previous 3 years under Harbaugh. There's no more whispers about players wishing they played for Rex. The players want to win for each other and for their coach, and not for individual glory as you see on other teams. Seeing the glimpses into the locker room online and on TV, I've seen a fighting spirit and joyfulness I haven't seen in the prior years. This team is different.

Ravens - 24
    Pats - 17

Re: Why We're Going to the Superbowl!

I personally think anyone calling for this to be a Patriots blowout is delusional. Every time the Patriots ran into an agressive defense this season they had a bad game. Brady bailed them out more than a few times.

The reason the Ravens are going to the Super Bowl is like I posted in another thread. The blinders on Steelers homer I work with (who predicted the Ravens wouldn't win against the Steelers in week 1, wouldn't sweep the Steelers in the regular season, the Ravens would lose one more game than the Steelers in the regular season so the season sweep wouldn't matter, the Steelers would definitly beat the Broncos, and the Texans would beat the Ravens) predicted that the Patriots were going to beat the Ravens right after the Texans game. He never gets tired of being wrong, God bless him.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    The reason the Ravens are going to the Super Bowl is like I posted in another thread. The blinders on Steelers homer I work with (who predicted the Ravens wouldn't win against the Steelers in week 1, wouldn't sweep the Steelers in the regular season, the Ravens would lose one more game than the Steelers in the regular season so the season sweep wouldn't matter, the Steelers would definitly beat the Broncos, and the Texans would beat the Ravens) predicted that the Patriots were going to beat the Ravens right after the Texans game. He never gets tired of being wrong, God bless him.
    Fabulous!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cool5 View Post
    Longtime lurker, first-time poster. I'm bored with all the negative threads. I think we're going to beat the Patriots. I really, really do. I don't have any superstitions about posting it. If my bad mojo causes the Ravens to lose, then I guess we had more problems than I figured.

Here's the thing that blows my mind. Not only did the Pats not beat a single winning team this year, they only faced a top 10 defense 4 out the 17 games they've played: Jets x2, Eagles, and the Steelers. They lost one of them, obviously. So Brady and the receivers' numbers aren't as impressive when you figure they've feasted on the middling and bottom defenses all season.

Our guy Flacco faced a top 10 defense in 12 games this year and only lost 2 of them.

And Flacco does it handcuffed by idiotic Cam Cameron calls, with rookies and butterfingers, on a team where his best receivers aren't even receivers. Who is the sportswriter who said the Ravens win in spite of Flacco? Totally wrong. Flacco wins in spite of butterfinger drops and boneheaded calls.

But what's all this talk about Flacco beating good defenses anyway? The Pats don't have one!

And what's all the talk about stats? Stats don't play the games. Human beings do. And I've noticed that our team is playing with a lot more heart and soul this year than I've seen in the previous 3 years under Harbaugh. There's no more whispers about players wishing they played for Rex. The players want to win for each other and for their coach, and not for individual glory as you see on other teams. Seeing the glimpses into the locker room online and on TV, I've seen a fighting spirit and joyfulness I haven't seen in the prior years. This team is different.

Ravens - 24
    Pats - 17
    I like it. Just cause we didn't blow out a good team with EVERYTHING being neer the best in the league but the QB (who we picked off 3 times) everyone is scared of the Pats.

I personally think if we can pressure Brady up the middle and cause him to move in the pocket (something he is worse at than P. Manning) we stand a good chance. Right now I am 50/50on who wins and it's not cause players it's cause coaching.

COME ON CAM THROW SOME UNPREDICTABILITY INTO THE PLAYCALLING!!!

He should never bet on anything. Talk about a bad track record.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Brian Billick & Denny Green just picked RAVENS to go to SB....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Sounds like the Deadskins fans I knew when I lived near the Capitol beltway years back.
    They let their love of their foozball overwhelm their football intelligence (those that have it). As for our Ravens, I absolutely agree that we will show up and be respectable. Flacco is not looking at the defense he saw sunday against those Texas dudes. And take a look at the way the Ravens D played Sunday. Seemed they were "peaked?" I dont think Brady will get off all that easy. Excluding stupid mistakes, I'd say it will be a tight game with the Super Bowl Ravens coming out on top.
    Last edited by Big Bird; 01-16-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Cool5 View Post

Ravens - 24
    Pats - 17
    I'll disagree with you on Flacco. The last time we played the Pats he sucked. Fortunately Rice lit things up as I expect him to do on Sunday. Many other RB and RB tandems have logged well over 100 on the Pats. I'm thinking that Rice/Williams/Leach approach 200 in this game.

Flacco has cost the team games, but the Pats' D really isn't that good, so I don't necessarily see him having all that much trouble.

And just because Flacco doesn't play well doesn't mean he turns the ball over much. He's not had more than 2 INTs in a game this year.

38-24 Ravens

10. Re: Why We're Going to the Superbowl!

Lol i mean we play like shit vs teams we're suppose to evaporate, and we play lights out vs teams we're suppose to lose to.. lol.

Lets see what happens i love this team's ability to step up. I hate that they step down lol, but i love how they step up.

We have that going for us.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Era at The U View Post
    I'll disagree with you on Flacco. The last time we played the Pats he sucked.
    When we played them last year he was fantastic......

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301017017

119.3 rating.

Blog Entries
    I'm on board!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!