Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    I doubt very much a doctor would "clear" him to play any more than any doctor probably ever told Ed Reed "nerve impingement in your neck? No problem. Sure you're fine to play NFL football."

What Bens doctor will do is tell him he has a X% chance of injury or death if he plays. Then Tomlin will have the trainer rig up some kind of pad and Ben will accept the risk and he will play.

In short, there are probably NO doctors who would ever recommend playing NFL football with an injury. Seems to me it's entirely up to the player. All the doctor can do is give an opinion, he can't intervene. How many of us do everything our doctors tell us? Not many....

Blog Entries

Re: It appears gamblers and early linemakers believe BR may play in Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Why is difficulty and "flukiness" mutually exclusive to you?
    To me flukey means lucky or something that wont happen again. That was all skill and very good blocking by the ST unit, as well as good vision by Jacoby, you cannot overlook special teams and just assume that any big play that happens on ST's is just a fluky or a lucky play.

Jacoby dropped a ball on a punt return in our divisional game against the Texans which could very well have lost the Texans a shot at playing the AFCCG. The same can be said about the 49ers in the NFCCG against the Giants, where a ST mistake cost them the chance of playing in the SB.

The players should not apologize for winning tight games making big plays on special teams to decide the difference in a game.

Blog Entries

And if Jen plays in this one, the Steelers should be investigated for this. A life threatening injury should put you out of action for at least 6 weeks IMO. If Jen plays and comes out fully healthy, the injury is obviously greatly exaggerated. Jen has had a history of exaggerating his injuries, but not to this magnitude. This isn't a rotator cuff tear, or a high ankle sprain, this was reported as a fucking internal injury that could damage vital organs.

Blog Entries

Its either that the injury was embellished upon by Ben and/or his doctor(s) or its a serious injury and Ben is a fucking idiot for coming back too soon.

He's been listed as officially out this week.

Blog Entries
    I hope he plays and I bet a lot of the defensive guys do too

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

You could put a Rec team out there in Steeler uniforms and the game would be decided by 3 points or less. Its how this series goes, most games very close no matter the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    To me flukey means lucky or something that wont happen again. That was all skill and very good blocking by the ST unit, as well as good vision by Jacoby, you cannot overlook special teams and just assume that any big play that happens on ST's is just a fluky or a lucky play.

Jacoby dropped a ball on a punt return in our divisional game against the Texans which could very well have lost the Texans a shot at playing the AFCCG. The same can be said about the 49ers in the NFCCG against the Giants, where a ST mistake cost them the chance of playing in the SB.

The players should not apologize for winning tight games making big plays on special teams to decide the difference in a game.
    It is "luck" in the sense that the same high skilled kick return team will return dozens and dozens of kicks and score on a handful at absolute most. It is "luck" in the sense the defense reacted the way they did instead of a different way which would not have allowed that lane. You cannot "overlook" special teams, but you can't reliably count on any points from special teams each week. Check the betting odds on a kick return touchdown for any given game and you'll see what I mean.

As for those playoff special teams errors, are you saying that those were skill and therefore not flukes/luck? I am not sure what the point is unless you are saying that special teams plays, or turnovers, etc, can affect the outcome. If that is your point, I agree, and have not said anything to the contrary.

My original point was that our offense didn't score any TDs. If Vegas had been told that our offense would score no TDs and 2 FGs (which they did), then Vegas would not have factored in a ST or Def TD and made the line Balt -3.5; we would have been slight underdogs or maybe a pick 'em if they gave partial points based on some percentage chance of a ST or Def TD. My whole point had to do with the -3.5 line.

Blog Entries

Ben works in mysterious ways. He'll be back when needed.

Either one of two things...

This injury was no where near as significant as first reported, or Ben will not play in Baltimore and all this is just the Steelers posturing.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Either one of two things...

This injury was no where near as significant as first reported, or Ben will not play in Baltimore and all this is just the Steelers posturing.
    Remember that when the injury happened, Tomlin listed Ben as questionable first. I don't trust anything out of the Steelers until I see it first hand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I hope he plays and I bet a lot of the defensive guys do too
    :word