Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Suggs, the face of the Defense?

I'll add this. There is logic to our reasoning who the face will be or ought to be.
    But the reality is, leadership and respect is earned, and those players will be chosen by the other players...to lead, to follow, to rally around. During the OTAs and followed up now by training camp, players will emerge on their own. It will shake out there. There are so many new faces, it will be exciting to see who actually takes the reins and who follows. It will be something which happens naturally due to the unique chemistry between this particular group of players. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Blog Entries

Guys "Sizzle" is like the American Express Card, don't leave home without him ;) ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    ...while Ngata is that quiet presence that teammates respect and do not want to disappoint.
    Good call. Not a lot of talk about him on these boards, but everything I have read says he is in MONSTER shape. Today's Sun said he was first guy in line for every drill. Harbs even singled out how great shape he is in. Add that to the increased depth on the DL, and #92 being able to play more inside where he is most comfortable/effective, and I think he could have a DPOY type season this year. (If it weren't for both Doom and Suggs threatening the single-season sack record of course)
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Good call. Not a lot of talk about him on these boards, but everything I have read says he is in MONSTER shape. Today's Sun said he was first guy in line for every drill. Harbs even singled out how great shape he is in. Add that to the increased depth on the DL, and #92 being able to play more inside where he is most comfortable/effective, and I think he could have a DPOY type season this year. (If it weren't for both Doom and Suggs threatening the single-season sack record of course)
    Ngata could have a monster year of he stays healthy. Having people to rotate in and give him less snaps will help that. He will be a leader of the defense no doubt, along with Suggs, Webb, Dumervil and whoever else assumes that role. Ngata But if I'm a reporter looking for an interview, I'd probably seek out Suggs because he's gregarious, unpredictable and most likely to be contraversial.

Quote Originally Posted by 2gigch1 View Post
    I sense he feels a little cheated by last year - sure, he was injured but made it back, and they won the Super Bowl. But I get the vibe like he wanted to play a larger role in the victory.
    This, plus he probably wasn't happy about the relatively poor play of the defense all year. And now he can bookend with Doom. This could be epic.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell