Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

Greg Cossell on both championship game previews. Says he wont be surprised if the Ravens come out with the win, impressed with Flacco going deep exploiting Torrey/Smith match up.
    Also says Rice is more effective when playing with 3 WR's on the field with Leach off. I tend to agree, but I think Pierce is better running behind Leach being a power zone runner. Defensively he likes the match up, and thinks there is no way we go to a 3-4 base defense like the Texans stupidly did @NE, and points out that Baltimore always do a good job when playing Brady defensively. Great stuff indeed, looking forward to the shutdown corner podcast too.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8853708&s=espn

Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

I like it better when everyone says we are mediocre and have no chance of winning. I'm going to have to contact Greg Cossell and tell him to retract his statement

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I like it better when everyone says we are mediocre and have no chance of winning. I'm going to have to contact Greg Cossell and tell him to retract his statement
    Greg isn't the norm of talking heads out there, when he says something it normally is true and holds more water than any media talking head comes out with on television. Greg watches film all day on every single team, and every single snap of every single game, he has watched every single snap of Joes career even going back to his senior year at Delaware.

I'm not sure if there is anyone else out there that I'd rather listen to when breaking down a game than Greg Cossell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Greg Cossell on both championship game previews. Says he wont be surprised if the Ravens come out with the win, impressed with Flacco going deep exploiting Torrey/Smith match up.
    Also says Rice is more effective when playing with 3 WR's on the field with Leach off. I tend to agree, but I think Pierce is better running behind Leach being a power zone runner. Defensively he likes the match up, and thinks there is no way we go to a 3-4 base defense like the Texans stupidly did @NE, and points out that Baltimore always do a good job when playing Brady defensively. Great stuff indeed, looking forward to the shutdown corner podcast too.

Good stuff and I agree with you about Rice and Pierce.

Blog Entries

Greg isn't the norm of talking heads out there, when he says something it normally is true and holds more water than any media talking head comes out with on television. Greg watches film all day on every single team, and every single snap of every single game, he has watched every single snap of Joes career even going back to his senior year at Delaware.

I'm not sure if there is anyone else out there that I'd rather listen to when breaking down a game than Greg Cossell.
    Cosell is the best analyst out there. Always good news when he's sees something positive in the Ravens

Blog Entries

I always thought Rice was a better runner out of a spread formation.

Blog Entries

Also says Rice is more effective when playing with 3 WR's on the field with Leach off. I tend to agree, but I think Pierce is better running behind Leach being a power zone runner.

I'm sure Rice appreciated that block Leach made that spring him into the end zone in Denver. Leach killed his man.

As usual.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I always thought Rice was a better runner out of a spread formation.
    I think so too. Partly because to me Rice is better at the second level and spreading the filed out gives him a better chance to get there. Peirce is a one cut and go kinda guy which having a fullback tends to help with.

I would really like to see the Ravens mix up personnel packages this week (have RIce run plays Perice would usually do etc.). It's an easy move that would throw NE off if even only for a second

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think so too. Partly because to me Rice is better at the second level and spreading the filed out gives him a better chance to get there. Peirce is a one cut and go kinda guy which having a fullback tends to help with.

I would really like to see the Ravens mix up personnel packages this week (have RIce run plays Perice would usually do etc.). It's an easy move that would throw NE off if even only for a second
    I've been wanting to see Rice and Pierce at the same time. They could give a lot of looks with that.

Blog Entries

I would use Leach as the pass protecting back, thing is you tip your hand when you have him out there, so you could only really bring him on for obvious passing situations on 3rd down. I'd also like to see him used as a blocking TE, he blocks better than both our TE's combined.

I totally agree with everyone regarding Rice and the spread, I think he'd be a monster in a zone read offense too lol. Pierce is Arian Foster version two, we really have a talented corps of RB's that's for sure.

Blog Entries
    Rice may be better out of a spread because the D is in nickel or dime

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

OLine gives joe time or the Oline does their job blocking, pats in for a long day. Tire the pat defense out and limit brady to fieldgoals, Ravens win.