Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Has Manti Te'o been taken off the Ravens' board?

Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    Not defending Te'o, but not every CFB player is your stereotypical jock. I have a friend at WVU and he said Geno Smith rarely goes out on the town and is somewhat introverted.
    I'm not stereotyping them. I'm just saying a star college football player will have his choice of women not even at parties or anything like that. Te'o is famous at a national level. He is like a celebrity at South Bend.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I'm not stereotyping them. I'm just saying a star college football player will have his choice of women not even at parties or anything like that. Te'o is famous at a national level. He is like a celebrity at South Bend.
    I think the whole thing is a cover-up. Coaching staff at a catholic school catches wind their star player is gay, and they helped him construct this elaborate story.

Blog Entries

I think the whole thing is a cover-up. Coaching staff at a catholic school catches wind their star player is gay, and they helped him construct this elaborate story.
    Basically what I was heading towards. I think it was a big cover up. Think about all his teammates wondering why Te'o is never talking to any girls. Apparently, some of them questioned his "girlfriend".

Te'o got destroyed by Alabama. Who cares about his girlfriend saga, all I needed to see was his performance against Alabama to draw any conclusions. That team is the closest you will get to an NFL team, especially their offensive line.
    I guess you're not taking any of the top 3 projected ILBs then since they all got pretty much owned by Alabama. In fact, let's just scratch Eifert off the board too since he was pretty quiet against Alabama.

All these guys should be capable of handling playing in the NFL while they're still in college without NFL caliber coaching...

Except numerous former players have come out to say he was widely known as a player in high school and at Notre Dame.

I think the cat fishing angle is the true cause here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Basically what I was heading towards. I think it was a big cover up. Think about all his teammates wondering why Te'o is never talking to any girls. Apparently, some of them questioned his "girlfriend".
    I know someone that went to ND on a recruiting trip. Teo was definitely dating girls while he had the online relationship. People do not realize how much stuff kids do online these days. It has gotten to the point where teenagers never pick up the phone and call people anymore. I suggest watching the show Catfish on MTV. University of Michigan coaches were catfishing their own players to teach them a lesson so that they would not get caught in an online scam. If this were to happen to just about any other player it would not be a big deal. Because it happened to an ND player that was in the Heisman race it was a huge deal.

If it was not for this catfish thing he would be the #1 ILB hands down.

I wouldn't read too much into Teo being owned by the Tide. He was on a much inferior defense to their offense and they were able to gameplan for him and take him out of the game. Not saying it would get any easier when he gets to the NFL, but that is why he fell from a top 5 pick to a late 1st round pick. It's important to look at the entire body of work, and not just part of it. And particularly, when you're picking late, you have to get partial players who have knocks on them, and can't always get the obvious, can't miss prospect that has nothing wrong with them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    The thing that concerns me more than the girlfriend he never met was blaming "combine stress" for his less than inspiring workout. From my small snapshot I felt he would have been better off taking the high road instead of making an excuse.

It would seem a lot of baggage comes with this guy.
    This, on top of the reality that I don't even believe him about the story. You don't pour out your heart to some braud for years on end, without meeting her in person.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

If Te'o is looking for a real, live girl, my sister-in-law is available... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    If it was not for this catfish thing he would be the #1 ILB hands down.
    Uh? Are you sure about that? I'm guessing that scouts rank him below Arthur Brown, and Ogletree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If Te'o is looking for a real, live girl, my sister-in-law is available... Bc
    Has it really reached this point Bc? lol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

T'eo is a solid mid second to early third round pick, who should be taken higher this year, due to the lack of 'obvious' talent out there. He is actually a guy who you could develop to handle Ellerbe's role very well. Even though I am skeptical of his character, he's not a bad prospect.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 04-02-2013 at 03:47 PM.