Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Set your DVRs! Ravens vs. Pats 2007 tomorrow night

Quote Originally Posted by sopranocorleone View Post
    It's interesting watching this game because it was really the begining of the rivalry between New England. This game began a back-and-forth, almost yearly slugfest.
    Yep, it all started at that game. This rivalary has gotten almost as intense as Ravens-Steelers.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I know I said this before, but it's hard to be bitter about this game knowing how things turned out. The Pats didn't go 19-0, the extra loss helped the Ravens get Flacco, and a great rivalry soon blossomed. I don't even feel so bad about 2011 anymore...again, given how things turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    I don't even feel so bad about 2011 anymore...again, given how things turned out.
    Me too. I can now watch clips of Evans/Cundiff and not cringe.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Me too. I can now watch clips of Evans/Cundiff and not cringe.
    lol..i wonder if evans and cundiff were watching the super bowl like, 'geez they won. maybe we can go back now?,'?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    lol..i wonder if evans and cundiff were watching the super bowl like, 'geez they won. maybe we can go back now?,'?
    Well, Cundiff was with the 49ers a week or two before, so I think he was sitting there thinking "I got beat out by David fucking Akers AND Justin Tucker? Ugh!"

Lee Evans said in an interview he has a picture of the moment the ball got swatted away and has it hanging in his room, so he can remind himself every day of how close he got and how much he has to strive to hold on to EVERY opportunity to get back there. I don't think he'll be a factor in the NFL anymore, but it's an important life lesson. I feel for the guy really, Billy too...guys who were consummate professionals their whole careers, just happened to make a mistake on the next to biggest stage. Lee Evans made one catch for us that year that was mindblowing, a one handed grab down the sideline to convert a 3rd down...either vs the Texans or in the last couple games of the season as we were pushing for the 1st round bye.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I too feel bad for Lee Evans. He was a professional and a class-act both before and after his huge mistake. All I can do is tip my hat when he says he has a picture of one of the most painful moments of his life/career hanging on his wall for him to see every day.

Cundiff, though ... the way he left makes me feel less sorry for him.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Well, Cundiff was with the 49ers a week or two before, so I think he was sitting there thinking "I got beat out by David fucking Akers AND Justin Tucker? Ugh!"

Lee Evans said in an interview he has a picture of the moment the ball got swatted away and has it hanging in his room, so he can remind himself every day of how close he got and how much he has to strive to hold on to EVERY opportunity to get back there. I don't think he'll be a factor in the NFL anymore, but it's an important life lesson. I feel for the guy really, Billy too...guys who were consummate professionals their whole careers, just happened to make a mistake on the next to biggest stage. Lee Evans made one catch for us that year that was mindblowing, a one handed grab down the sideline to convert a 3rd down...either vs the Texans or in the last couple games of the season as we were pushing for the 1st round bye.
    man evans is a better man than me..i'd never want to remember something like that much less have a picture of it hanging in my house.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Cundiff, though ... the way he left makes me feel less sorry for him.
    huh? He hooked a kick, which upon analysis, was rushed anyway by the coaches. He came back into camp and kicked his heart out. To be fair, it shouldn't be said as "He lost to Justin Tucker", but more as "Justin Tucker beat him out". 9 out of 10 UDFA (or drafted) rookie Ks, compared to his numbers in camp, probably wouldn't have won the job over him in camp. Hell, I remember the stadium practice at M&T, he made a 60 yarder I think...Tucker banged a 62 yarder, and Cundiff JUST missed a 64 yarder. But that was his lone miss in that stadium practice.

Now, his play in Washington left me laughing, because I have several acquaintances who are Redskin fans who I remember clearly giving us endless shit about Cundiff, only to sign him the minute he was cut loose, and then miss a couple big kicks, but he did make one game winner down there before he got cut.

All being said, I love that we found Tucker, but I don't bear Cundiff any ill will.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I admit I watched the 4th quarter right up until the penalties started... couldn't stomach the rest

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Not that it really matters much to me.

My point was just that the Pats were on the doorstep of history and fell flat on their faces, which I enjoyed. ;) I also just happen to believe if we had beat them (if anyone had) they would have been looser in the playoffs/SB.
    Which was exactly my point. Also I remember Harrison letting that pick go through his hands and that would have sealed the game. I think luck plays a part in many teams title runs. It certainly did in the Pats victories against the Rams, and Raiders before that. The Steelers (against the hawks and Cards) not to mention the Saints, and us against the 49ers. All these teams I mentioned (except the steelers against the hawks and pats vs raiders) played good enough to win but with each of these teams there was also a play or two where things easily could have gone the other way. I still believe the Pats felt more pressure in that game than the Giants despite the fact that both were playing for it all.
    "How do we know he is not Mel Tormé?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Yep, it all started at that game. This rivalary has gotten almost as intense as Ravens-Steelers.
    Really? I don't see it that way. Definitely a "budding" rivalry in that we've each one the past two AFC title games against each other. But I don't see it being anywhere near Steelers - Ravens.

Game is on again today.. right now actually.

Hilarious how many times Tirico and Jaws refer to Boller's "rocket" arm.