Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: How we should attack the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Gronk being out for this game gives us no strategic advantage whatsovever because the Pats have played without him for at least 5+ games and really haven't missed a beat.
    On the defensive side of the ball I expect the Pats to play alot of 2 deep coverages. The verdict is out that we like to go deep and the Pats are not going to let anyone get behind them. So we need to stay patient and take what the defense gives us and methodically go down the field.
    Defensively I would like to borrow from the Jets playbook 2 years ago when they went into Foxboro as heavy underdogs and used a scheme suggested by Jim Leonard at the time. Something about the flooding the middle of the field with alot of DBs. I recall them using 6 DBs on many snaps. Sure frustrated Brady at the time.
    Here's hoping Pees disguises his coverages well. It's going to be another chess match.
    Are you crazy? Losing Gronk is a huge a advantage for Baltimore. He is a mismatch nightmare. He is the ONLY guy they have for the deepball. He is a PI machine as well. Having Gronk in the game makes Hernandez alot more difficult to defend. They lost thier best offensive player outside of Brady. He is a great blocker as well. Very happy, he is out. He CAUGHT that ball on the sideline(out of bounds and still breaks his arm!) Just because Houston is a STUPID defense with a poor secondary and predictable doesnt think make me think NE wont miss him alot. Houston ran the same defense on every play, blitz every 3rd down!!! Never changed coverages. Houston gave up about 27 points a game in the last 6-7 games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    6 DBs could work...we got reed, pollard, cary, jimmy, graham, chykie
    Brady will check into the run if we have a dime package

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Brady will check into the run if we have a dime package
    Hope he does. DB's can stop Rb's. Ngata, Jones and McPhee need to control the middle and Ellerbe needs to play well. Ray isnt as fast as he used to be, but is pretty smart and knows patterns and matchups.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Hope he does. DB's can stop Rb's. Ngata, Jones and McPhee need to control the middle and Ellerbe needs to play well. Ray isnt as fast as he used to be, but is pretty smart and knows patterns and matchups.
    Yeah they'll make the tackles but it'll be a 6 - 7 yard gain. That's death by a thousand cuts

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yeah they'll make the tackles but it'll be a 6 - 7 yard gain. That's death by a thousand cuts
    I"ll take that on 3rd and 8 everytime. NE lost thier really only deep threat in Gronk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    No doubt Pees has improved D schemes last month or so, but Pees vs. Brady to me is the key. Pees has too many times allowed too many QB's time as he dropped the D back; do that to Brady and the Raven's in for a long day. Key to this game is to "legally" hit, first Brady then the receivers. I don't so much see this as a D chess game but swarm and not give Brady time and as against the Giants and Seattle this year a frustrated Brady isn't Brady.
    Pees is the key to this game IMHO or Brady will move in 10 yard chunks wearing down the D and getting 7 or at least 3 consistently.
    Holding them to 3's consistantly and the Ravens win this big. Your D won't be able to stop Flacco, Rice, Torrey, Jacoby and Pitta from scoring TD's. You can have 3's if we're hitting 7's to answer.

As for wearing down the D? Look at the snaps played in the past 2 playoff games. This D is playing possesed. Sure you'll get some tired looks late in the game here and there, and than they get mad and make you pay for it.

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ray Lewis allowed eight catches for 97 yards against Broncos on eight passes targeted in his area, according to Pro Football Focus.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ray Lewis allowed eight catches for 97 yards against Broncos on eight passes targeted in his area, according to Pro Football Focus.
    Well that's not good.

Cleets 2 ASSes

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Are you crazy? Losing Gronk is a huge a advantage for Baltimore. He is a mismatch nightmare. He is the ONLY guy they have for the deepball. He is a PI machine as well. Having Gronk in the game makes Hernandez alot more difficult to defend. They lost thier best offensive player outside of Brady. He is a great blocker as well. Very happy, he is out. He CAUGHT that ball on the sideline(out of bounds and still breaks his arm!) Just because Houston is a STUPID defense with a poor secondary and predictable doesnt think make me think NE wont miss him alot. Houston ran the same defense on every play, blitz every 3rd down!!! Never changed coverages. Houston gave up about 27 points a game in the last 6-7 games.
    Not crazy at all. As I mentioned in my earlier post they didn't lose a beat when they played without him for the last 4 games of the regular season. They still put up the numbers and the Ws.

Not crazy at all. As I mentioned in my earlier post they didn't lose a beat when they played without him for the last 4 games of the regular season. They still put up the numbers and the Ws.
    They didnt play good teams. Having Gronk with Hernandez is a really difficult. They will get thier points in any game. YOU HAVE TO GAMEPLAN FOR GRONK, he is their ONLY legit deep ball threat. Gronk and Hernandez are the only receivers that make me nervous. Everyone else is average or system player. Gronk is an elite talent. I cringe at Reed having to tackle him. Gronk will get 10 targets a game and makes everyone else more open. Houston is crap. They should of lost to Jax and Detroit if not for miracles. They were the worst team in the AFC playoffs, lucky they played the Bengals at home. Notice that on the FIRST blitz play by Houston, they threw a jump ball sideline pass downfeild to Gronk over 6 ft DB's. He CAUGHT THE BALL and BROKE HIS ARM, thats amazing.

This is true, but it does not mean that losing Gronk does not hurt the Patriots significantly.

For all we know, if they'd had Gronk in those games, they may have scored even more points, even faster and more easily.

In other words, maybe losing Gronk drops their offense from an A+ down to an A-. It's still very good, but not quite as dangerous as it could be with Gronk.

It should also be noted that the Pats (without Gronk) did not "put up the W" in week 15 against the 49ers.
    Last edited by Teavo; 01-14-2013 at 06:45 PM.