Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Doss and Dickson

+1

Blog Entries

Ill admit Doss didnt look great in the preseason besides one game, but that was an incredibly small sample size. hes been the same player in my eyes hes just getting a better opportunity now and gaining confidence with every game, which is exactly what i felt he was missing.
    -JAB

On the first reception by Dickson, it looked like Joe threw it really softly. I even commented that it looked like it was in slow motion. Wonder if Joe has realized that Ed can't catch fastballs and he needs to put it out there gently. I didn't see his other catch.

Doss has been playing well since his return. I'm happy for him and hope he continues to make progress.

Doss has been a very pleasant surprise in a very thin receiving corps. His ability to be an explosive punt and kick return guy in the absence of Jacoby has been so important as well.

Blog Entries

Not only has Doss been a decent receiver, he is contributing nicely as a punt returner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

its like the switch came on for Doss i'm not ready to eat crow yet until he plays clutch..as far as dickson he is buried so far in the shit house its gonna take a few more games of him doing that consistently to make me remotely start thinking any different.

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    Doss looks like a different player since coming back. He admitted to coasting b/c he was a draft pick. Now, he realizes he has to work. I give him credit for being humble, admitting his errors and moving forward. I'm really rooting for this kid now.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not only has Doss been a decent receiver, he is contributing nicely as a punt returner.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowMST3k View Post
    Doss has been a very pleasant surprise in a very thin receiving corps. His ability to be an explosive punt and kick return guy in the absence of Jacoby has been so important as well.
    I think this is key. He's been a different player since we cut him and brought him back. I think some of it is the kick in the ass; and I think some of it has been having a defined role as a contributor. That punt-return TD was huge for his confidence; and once he had a defined role that gave him some swag, he was able to build on that and start making other plays.

With some players, maybe a lot of players, confidence is a huge factor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Let us be honest with ourselves here. Ed Dickson is buried so deep beneath our collective shit house, he'd have to catch 20 passes a game, for the rest of the season, for us to not want him cut from this team, without dropping a single pass in the process no less.
    I don't feel this way about Ed. I remember a couple years ago, when he didn't have the drop problems. He was never Mr. Consistent, but he was solid and made some big plays. I feel like his head is just not right, and if he could fix that, he could turn this year around in a hurry.

He does do one thing well that no one else on this team besides Torrey can do: beat single coverage.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Its one game and I'm not about to get crazy and expect this every week. But that said I'm glad they showed up yesterday because without their contribution we might well be looking at a 2 game losing streak with the Packers coming into town.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

iggyman555 Guest

ok so we cut dickson today and resign him friday, will that get hm going?

I think it was a wake up call for Doss because no team picked him up. I like seeing the progression of Doss and Thompson. If they keep performing they will be valuable members of the receiving corp on top of being very good returners.