Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4041424344 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I dont think you can argue they "played great". They got by.
    I think they got by AND had flashes of greatness.

BTW - I am not arguing Pees should go because the D has sucked. I think the D is okay, and I stress okay.

I do question the 3 man rush when we need to hold on to a lead, but that happened even when Rex was here.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    2011 Giants?
    27th in yards (3 spots worse than us) and 25th in points (15 spots worse.)

Not even remotely good example. They were shit until the playoffs when they managed to get healthy and string some decent performances together. But on the whole, they were actually pretty terrible.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    But, the PLAY that sealed his fate was the 3rd and 5 interception on the Redskin 13. He had split RR wide right as WR( empty backfeild) dumb with a 5 man line, the OLB came of the edge with no Rice to guard and hit Joe in like 2 seconds and forced a pick.
    Flacco had Q (pretty sure it was Q) open at the goal line if he'd gotten rid of the ball quickly, and he should have known he had to in that situation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    27th in yards (3 spots worse than us) and 25th in points (15 spots worse.)

Not even remotely good example. They were shit until the playoffs when they managed to get healthy and string some decent performances together. But on the whole, they were actually pretty terrible.
    So when they playoffs hit, they did play well at times, is that what you're saying?

BTW - like how you know you stats to support your case, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    So when they playoffs hit, they did play well at times, is that what you're saying?
    Oddly, just around the time they started getting healthy.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Flacco had Q (pretty sure it was Q) open at the goal line if he'd gotten rid of the ball quickly, and he should have known he had to in that situation.
    That was the strip sack play vs Oher, it was Torrey. The play I am referring to was the interception that bounced to a Redskin lineman. Joe tried to get rid of it fast as he could but was hit in about a second and half from the time of the snap. Joe tried to get rid of it, but lousy play construction at a crucial spot in the field.

Blog Entries

He did get rid of the ball quickly. The pass rusher was quicker. He started throwing as soon as he hit the end of his drop. It doesn't get any quicker than that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Oddly, just around the time they started getting healthy.
    Okay. The point is there are teams who have played well despite being decimated by injuries. You said there weren't any, asked for "a" defense that still played well despite injuries. I gave you one, maybe two.

Pees may not be making this unit perform very well, I don't think that alone would be grounds to fire him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    He did get rid of the ball quickly. The pass rusher was quicker. He started throwing as soon as he hit the end of his drop. It doesn't get any quicker than that.
    That's what drives me nuts. Everyone is saying Flacco has to be quicker. He couldn't do anything quicker on that sack/fumble. His arm was going forward as soon as he hit his back foot.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    It does if you make the drop shorter, which is one of the big gripes about Cam's plays. It isn't all on Joe.

Blog Entries

It does if you make the drop shorter, which is one of the big gripes about Cam's plays. It isn't all on Joe.
    Bingo. 3 stop drops and shotgun.

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    couldn't believe how poorly Pitts D played against that 'terrible offensive line'. what a crazy league
    The Steelers had a major letdown yesterday after an emotional win against us the week before. San Diego (somehow) showed up to play and Pittsburgh just didn't seen to realize it until much too late. Nice to know the Ravens aren't the only team susceptible to this phenomenon.

As to Cam being fired, I'm happy to see it even though I'm surprised at the timing. But as others have pointed out, there was little to be lost at this point.