Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sean Payton

Re: Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Thanks for the insight. Terrible post coming from a "moderator". How about adding something to the discussion?
    Sarcasm flows freely here yet somehow a mod can't show it. Hypocritical to say the least ....

Like the Gruden thread, it's about realism.

No way the Saints let him walk. Won't happen. So any discussion about it is silly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Really?

I don't think it's a bad suggestion at all. I think Harbaugh has just about run his course here, in 5 years he has been way too conservative, and has failed to win a SB. That is simply not good enough in a town like Bmore with the talent we have had here, he has under achieved, he hasn't even got us to one SB appearance. Now obviously that may change, they may have some miraculous run at the SB, but I really doubt that happens looking at this current team.

I would absolutely take Sean Payton over Harbaugh any day of the week. What some people forget is that not only has he developed an explosive passing offense, but his rushing offense was also a top 10 unit last year with fairly talented RB's to work with, but certainly not all pro level talent (Sproles, and Thomas). Imagine how Rice and Pierce would benefit from Sean Payton, he even uses a traditional FB in a lot of his packages, Jed Collins emerged as one of the better lead blockers under Payton, so Leach could still have involvement in an explosive offense. Joe Flacco would look a lot better under Sean Payton, and he wouldn't single handily turn him into an elite QB, but he would sure as hell know how to get the best out of Flacco.
    Exactly. Payton is a proven SB winning coach that also knows a ton about offense.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

No way the Saints let him walk. Won't happen. So any discussion about it is silly.

How do you know? Glazer reported that Payton could open up his options. Look at the link I posted.

"People thought this is between the Saints and Dallas," Fox Sports' Jay Glazer said Sunday morning. "If this thing doesn't get done ... (Payton) is going to open it up everywhere. He's really not going to limit his options."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    only if he can bring Brees with him ;)
    :word
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Like the Gruden thread, it's about realism.

Really? Predicting the future these days? Please IM me this week's powerball numbers. Thanks in advance...

I am not saying it is likely....and Harbaugh's fate will be determined after these next few games (unless Bisciotti goes into another post game rage...which is not likely, either...but now more possible, frankly)...but every few years a coach gets fired that seemingly was safe. Shanahan in Denver, Schottenheimer in SD, Dungy in TB are just a few examples.

While I still think it likely that Harbaugh stays, his firing has moved in my book from competely impossible to somewhat plausible given Bisciotti stepping in to fire Cameron, the attitude/preparation of the team yesterday...and the results of the rest of this season.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 12-17-2012 at 12:07 PM.

5. Re: Sean Payton

Harbaugh should be safe (for now) because he has injuries as an excuse.

Not just on defense but now on offense too--Yanda, Torrey, and Pierce were or went out of the game on Sunday.

Dierdorf brought up the stat that our top 5 tacklers were out of the game.
    Seriously? FUCK THIS SEASON!

Blog Entries

Why not? I don't think the Biscuit is happy with the team.
    He's not going to fire Harbaugh after 5 straight winning seasons. He's going to give him a chance to fix things.

Blog Entries

Jerry Jones is going to offer a boatload of cash for Payton. No other team will come close to getting him.

Why not? I don't think the Biscuit is happy with the team.
    I think it's more he's not happy with this season...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jerry Jones is going to offer a boatload of cash for Payton. No other team will come close to getting him.
    That's an interesting wrinkle ... and realistic.

Blog Entries

That's an interesting wrinkle ... and realistic.
    Bisciotti is worth 1.5 billion. He has the checkbook to make a big offer too.

Bisciotti is worth 1.5 billion. He has the checkbook to make a big offer too.
    Worth =/= Cash on Hand, liquid assets or money to spend on his football team.

Bisciotti cannot come close to the bidding war JJ can put on.

Blog Entries

If you want to talk coaches other than Harbaugh, I think someone like Gruden or that tier of coach is more realistic than Payton. I just can't see the Ravens paying a coach 10-12 million a year, which supposedly is what Payton is in line for from the Saints or Cowboys.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52