Blog Entries

Re: George Zimmerman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    ??????
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Way to miss the point :grbac:

They are a weapon when they are being used to break a nose, bash a skull into concrete.
    Oh, right. The bashed skull that had two or three scratches.

That deserved a bullet through the heart.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Exactly.
    I assume you were trying to make a point. I know you were going for intentional absurdism, and I'm guessing you were implying something about conspiracy theories, but I really have no idea what your point was/is.

Blog Entries

You forgot the broken nose.

Blog Entries

I assume you were trying to make a point. I know you were going for intentional absurdism, and I'm guessing you were implying something about conspiracy theories, but I really have no idea what your point was/is.
    Nothing new there.

You forgot the broken nose.
    But you concede his "bashed skull" had two or three scratches.

If someone initiates a confrontation, starts getting the worse of it, and begins to become mortally afraid, that does not entitle them to use lethal force since they started it. We don't know who started it, which is why I find your moral certainty about Zimmerman's innocence, well, laughable, but that always seemed the scenario of what happened to me. ... But I wasn't a juror.

Blog Entries

The system works. It worked for me when I beat a low level traffic rap and avoided 60
    days in jail and it worked for Z looking at life in prison. A jury of 6 females took about 16 hours to decide.

“The prosecution of George Zimmerman was disgraceful,” Zimmerman’s attorney Don West said after the verdict. Mark O’Mara, another Zimmerman attorney, wondered aloud at a news conference “how many civil lawsuits will be spawned by this fiasco.”

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Of course I never said he had a duty to retreat. In fact I said the exact opposite.

What I said is, the argument that Martin was confronted despite trying to avoid a confrontation is a horrible one. And the primary reason I think he did not want to avoid a confrontation? Because he did not take one of the available options that would have avoided a confrontation.

Now, to be clear, when I say a 'confrontation,' I do not mean fight. I mean situation where Zimmerman and he get within a couple yards of each other. Martin turned the corner, lost Zimmerman, was 50 yards from his apartment, and he waited there. The most plausible reason why he waited was to confront Martin. There are other much less plausible reasons obviously.
    It gets back to the fact that we are only getting one side of the story. I mean the scenario you went through is entirely conjuncture based on what Zimmerman said.

I certainly don't agree that your scenario is the most plausible either. The entire "confrontation" aspect of this is not based on facts at all. It's based on conjuncture as the only other witness is dead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Nothing new there.
    Haha, OK. Clearly I have butthurt you about something in the past. Hopefully you get over it and learn how to have a conversation.

Blog Entries

Let me ask you a question. See if you cna answer honestly.

You are attacked at night. Someone punches you in the nose, stunning you and making you disoriented, they then hop on top of you punching and trying to punch you .

You scream for help for 40 + seconds, one person comes out, says stop, they don't stop, that one person turns around and goes inside.

You have a gun, do a) lay there and keep taking the beating hoping it doesn't get worse b) hope that person grabs the gun and uses it on you or c) grab the gun and save yourself from further injury and possibly death?

I agree. Sadly, however, given the history of this nation (and nothing exists in a vacuum), there are certain communities that will grieve a little harder tonight. I, for one, really do wonder if Trayvon was a blonde white child named Jack and Zimmerman was a black man, this verdict wouldn't be different.
    I feel you on that ak, I really do. But that's no reason to convict someone. We have to be better than. If their had been stronger evidence and the prosecution did a better job,we might be seeing a different verdict. If anyone in this country should want a fair trail is the black community. Many blacks have been and still are wrongfully convicted in this country...we should hold our justice system to a higher standard so that justice can be served for the weak, innocent and wrongfully accused.

This verdict doesn't sit right with me. But I saw it coming from day one because of the lack of evidence.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It gets back to the fact that we are only getting one side of the story. I mean the scenario you went through is entirely conjuncture based on what Zimmerman said.

I certainly don't agree that your scenario is the most plausible either. The entire "confrontation" aspect of this is not based on facts at all. It's based on conjuncture as the only other witness is dead.
    Which then begs the question, do we throw a man into prison because we think he may be lying, but we can't prove it in a court of law?