Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could Victor Cruz be a Potential Target?

So as I was driving home, listening to 105.7, during one of their news breaks they talked about Victor Cruz still not being signed and not going to minicamp. That got me thinking...what if Victor Cruz was a target for the Ravens? After all, we did just save another 3 million with Leach being cut.

I know the chances are slim, but what would you think if the Ravens gave up the 1st round pick (where the Giants have valued him at)? Would you even want Cruz?
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

iggyman555 Guest

Re: Could Victor Cruz be a Potential Target?

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    So as I was driving home, listening to 105.7, during one of their news breaks they talked about Victor Cruz still not being signed and not going to minicamp. That got me thinking...what if Victor Cruz was a target for the Ravens? After all, we did just save another 3 million with Leach being cut.

I know the chances are slim, but what would you think if the Ravens gave up the 1st round pick (where the Giants have valued him at)? Would you even want Cruz?
    him or brandon marshall are traded to the ravens for 7th rounder

Blog Entries

yeah I brought it up yesterday, he still hasn't signed his tender and it goes from approx $2.8 to 600K in a few days. I kind of doubt the Ravens want to pay him what he's asking, especially if you consider the facts in the article in this thread:

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...ns-Cap-Picture

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Ah, thanks for the link. I wasn't sure if anyone had made mention of the possibility.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

At the end of the day, the most important variable is New York's asking price. If they want a first round pick and will not budge off of that demand, I think we can all agree that a trade will not happen. However, if the Giants decided that they would rather get something for him, already accepting that they are going to lose him in FA next year, lowered their demands and took two mid round picks, I think that Ozzie would at least consider it. Especially, since he likely has four compensatory picks coming his way again.

At the same time, however, New York had a similar situation with Osi Umenyiora, who did not handle it as well as Cruz is handling it. There were just too many pass rushers to pay. However, knowing that they would lose him in FA, the Giants kept him for the final year of his contract.

After that, we can discuss what Ozzie and Victor would be willing to agree to.

It's all still a long shot to me.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

REALLY depends on what he wants to sign for.

Think I threw out BM name first in the Leach thread, just due to the Chi front office being a mess and him on the last year of his deal. Personally I'd take him over Cruz but that's just me.

If it came down to Cruz or say a Moss, or maybe a late almost no name camp cut, than yeah Cruz all day. My biggest problem is we're gonna have to pay Torrey here soon, AND Pitta and I'd take either one of them over Cruz.

Blog Entries

Giants hold the rights to Cruz for this season unless they decide to trade him, which I doubt. He could hold out, but that won't help any other teams.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Potential? Perhaps.

Likely? No. I am thinking the cap money is getting carried over.

Blog Entries
    As soon as Cruz got an offer, the Giants would match it or come close enough to keep it.

I wouldnt give up a 1st for him either. A 2nd all day.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Potential? Perhaps.

Likely? No. I am thinking the cap money is getting carried over.
    Same here.

Is it one year only, does anyone know?

Can you imagine the dance off between he and Jacoby though?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Do you think they would trade a player? There a couple defensive players that may be on the last year of their deals before they become cap cuts.