Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Josh Bynes and Adrian Hamilton top candidates for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Agreed. We have 4 RB's + Leach. Doesn't make any sense to me right now. I'm curious what the logic is behind it.
    trade bait?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Calling that an article is giving it A LOT of credit.
    +1

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    trade bait?
    Either for special teams (backup punt returner) or because someone was about to poach him off the PS.

I think the latter is a more likely explanation - somebody about to make a move on Rainey. Don't teams have an option with the PS quys - to basically match the offer (promote the player to the 53 man roster or let him go)

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Either for special teams (backup punt returner) or because someone was about to poach him off the PS.

5. Re: Josh Bynes and Adrian Hamilton top candidates for promotion.

Ravens also try out CB Buddy Jackson according to AW

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I think the latter is a more likely explanation - somebody about to make a move on Rainey. Don't teams have an option with the PS quys - to basically match the offer (promote the player to the 53 man roster or let him go)
    No, I believe anyone can sign a player off the Ravens practice squad or any practice squad without the team having the right to match. That does not mean the players agent wont call the Ravens and let them know they were offered a contract and wanted to see if the ravens would match it or offer him one.

But this seems to make the most sense. Now I would trade him we dont need 4 RBs and a FB. There is one roster spot left and i suspect it goes to Hammilton or Bynes.

Once Suggs makes the roster I expect Kindle to be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    Ravens also try out CB Buddy Jackson according to AW
    They will add a CB but just for depth. I dont see any major trades or signings as we have depth and Webb will be back next year. If we did trade for Talib it would cost a 4th or 5th rounder and I dont know what is contract situation is but he may not be a bad option since Cary Williams is gone after this year.

That's the big head scratcher - 4 running backs and Leach!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    No, I believe anyone can sign a player off the Ravens practice squad or any practice squad without the team having the right to match. That does not mean the players agent wont call the Ravens and let them know they were offered a contract and wanted to see if the ravens would match it or offer him one.

But this seems to make the most sense. Now I would trade him we dont need 4 RBs and a FB. There is one roster spot left and i suspect it goes to Hammilton or Bynes.

Once Suggs makes the roster I expect Kindle to be cut.

Blog Entries

Just pciture this though, two starting CB's are true shut down corners in Webb and Talib, then you have Jimmy Smith as the 3rd corner on the roster. That's pretty good depth. Put it this way, I would be happy if the Ravens traded for Talib. I know that he has had some SERIOUS issues before, that's the big concern I'd have.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Just pciture this though, two starting CB's are true shut down corners in Webb and Talib, then you have Jimmy Smith as the 3rd corner on the roster. That's pretty good depth. Put it this way, I would be happy if the Ravens traded for Talib. I know that he has had some SERIOUS issues before, that's the big concern I'd have.
    agreed!!!!! I believe the trade deadline is the Monday after week 8?

Wonder if oz would pull this off? But keep in mind Smith is a 1st rounder with a ton of upside do you want him as your 3rd CB in his 3rd year in the league, he should be starting by then and has shown flashes of his potential. But i guess with more teams playing with 3 WRs this could make sense as all 3 would "start"

11. Re: Josh Bynes and Adrian Hamilton top candidates for promotion.

Well IF the Ravens would make this deal, perhaps it'd just be a rental for the rest of the year? It seems unlikely though. Not even that it's Talib, but that Ozzie never makes mid season trades (at least not that I can remember). It can be a tough transition.

12. Re: Josh Bynes and Adrian Hamilton top candidates for promotion.

IDK if it's just a typo on the Ravens roster on the website but it has Anthony Allen not listed on the active roster, but on the practice squad. They've updated it with the Rainey move up and have moved Webb to IR. Don't know if that's just a mistake though.