Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Boller last sunday

I guess I have to wonder if Ogden then last year at Cleveland purposely got flagged for Ineligable man downfield just to take that TD away from Boller so he could throw the game.

:grbac:

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

In answer to the original question,no,no,no.

Taking McNair off.The guy that gives the whole team a lift mentally,would be a huge body blow to that psyche.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Disagree. If McNair continues to throw easy passes into the dirt, he should be susceptible to benching. Thanks to a subpar Browns secondary, he was not picked off on Sunday. But so far, his performance has been mediocre (21st rated NFL QB, but 29th in YPA). Performance like that for the better part of a season would lead one to being considered for benching anywhere in the NFL.mrt:
    Sorry Mr. T. I have to disagree. McNair has credibility, which is something Boller doesn't have. Although he hasn't played too well so far, I'm willing to bet money that the players in that locker feel a hell of a lot more confident with McNair under center than Boller.

Honestly, if they don't do something that the Offensive line, then no one will be able to do it. I'm so sick of Pashos getting his ass whipped for every play. And the push right up the middle and in McNair's face is ridiculous
    Waiting for the next one!!!

I don't see Billick pulling McNair for poor performance this season, unless McNair totally sucks in two or three consecutive games, but I agree with Mista T that he should be pulled if he can't pick up his game. From a practical point of view, I am sure that won't happen, but philosophically, if you aren't doing your job and pulling your weight and (insert your own cliche here), then you should get taken out.

But as I said earlier, I would be shocked if that happened. It's more likely that McNair will get hurt and have to sit for a while. I'm not predicting that will happen, just saying it's more likely than Billick telling McNair to take a seat.

Well, it'll be home for the Ravens on Sunday so lets hope the crowd really get behind the D and do to the San Diego Offense what the Seahawks fans did to the Giants...that was unreal noise!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by VaRaven View Post
    (just kidding, I don't even have a cat :) )
    Not anymore, anyway. My dog went so far on one kick I had a few scouts from NFL teams come to my house.

In retrospect, I'm not much of an apologist, but one thing we didn't see in TV was that the wind was blowing pretty hard Sunday. Some of you detail oriented purists will have to either back-me-up or shoot-me-down on this one, but for what its worth I think most of McNair's bad passes were into a 30mph wind. That being said, some of Fryes best passes may well have been into that same wind, so who knows:insane:
    It seemed McNair had his best drives in the first and fourth quarter and Fye's was the second. That was when they had the wind with them in every case, so it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishraven View Post
    Just out of interest, how many of you were pulling for Boller to come out in the 2nd half of the game on Sunday?

I must admit, I actually was but I think it was because i expecting us to put up big numbers against the Browns. Oh well...S. McNair came through in the end so why change a winning formula...
    I would think about that if I want to see someone trip over his own feet and fumble or throw a int. as soon as he was rushed. Boller is where he belongs. Sitting on the bench. And heres to him being there for more than 16 games in a row!
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

I'm still waiting for this offensive explosion. So far it hasn't happened.

Yeah two of Fassel and Rex Ryan's systems, and we're seeing dividends on the 46 crazy schemes, but no dividends on offense.

now we exploded last year offensively against the bengals, packers, vikes . . . bad teams defensively but we've faced some bad teams this year and I haven't seen any real results.

We'll need more points on offense when we face real teams.

McNair is leading this team well, but there will be a time soon approaching where his production will have to match his leadership.

I never thought the QB was the only problem anyway, but so it goes . . . this o-line is this teams over-looked achiles heel . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    You must be out of your mind.
    No offense.lol

Priceless response.

Folks, it is over for Boller. The guy is all ability and no brains.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Priceless response.

Folks, it is over for Boller. The guy is all ability and no brains.
    :(

I'm still hoping...He has got to be learning this season, he has just got to...

Well, even though McNair did have a sloppy 1st half, he came up clutch in the 2nd half. And we moved the ball on every possession. Here are some numbers from the second half. And realize, these weren't easy numbers to put up. We were up against the ropes, nothing seemed to be going our way, but he still came through:

MCNAIR'S 2ND HALF NUMBERS
    -------------------------------
    18/29 188 1TD 0INT
    62% Completion Pct
    92.3 QB Rating
    7/11 3rd down conversions

And he also had the three scoring drives in the 4th quarter.

Hey mods, this thread is still getting play. Shouldn't it be moved to the "Great QB Debate" forum?
    Section 106 from start to finish!