Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Joe Flacco: A Mature and Now Outspoken Leade

http://russellstreetreport.com/joe-f...spoken-leader/
    Sorry, didn't see this posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Flacco (from Goob's article)
    “I’m the quarterback of the team. I’m being paid what I’m being paid for a reason,” Flacco responded after being asked if it’s hard to put his career-worst game behind him. “If you can say that we lost a football game because I threw five interceptions, then that’s the way it should be. I don’t have a problem with anybody looking at me and putting losses on me when something like that happens.”
    I love that quote from Joe. Good on ya mate!
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Re: Joe Flacco: A Mature and Now Outspoken Leade

He makes a good point. $120 mil, 5 picks, he better stand up and take responsibility. Even though the O line should be horse whipped in public for the performance they put up.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    He makes a good point. $120 mil, 5 picks, he better stand up and take responsibility. Even though the O line should be horse whipped in public for the performance they put up.
    Well, he really threw three picks. Two were dropped passes tipped up into the air. Not much anyone can do about that. Also, he has poo around him right now with half his starting wideouts gone and the o-line being so bad there's no run game/play action.

We've all technically seen him play worse than he did at Buffalo (Jets in Baltimore, Jags, Seahawks back when they sucked, 4 picks in Cincy), even if Buffalo gave a bad stat line. ... Just to play devil's advocate to anyone who'd place that loss squarely on him.

That said, I like the quote. #eliteasfuck QBs take the heat.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

They've been beating Dalton like a rented mule all week too here in Rivertown. Pay no attention is the best thing a QB can do. One good game and all will be forgiven in both cases.

J5 is a class act.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Well, he really threw three picks. Two were dropped passes tipped up into the air. Not much anyone can do about that. Also, he has poo around him right now with half his starting wideouts gone and the o-line being so bad there's no run game/play action.

We've all technically seen him play worse than he did at Buffalo (Jets in Baltimore, Jags, Seahawks back when they sucked, 4 picks in Cincy), even if Buffalo gave a bad stat line. ... Just to play devil's advocate to anyone who'd place that loss squarely on him.

Its a shame that a pass right in Dickson's hands goes against Flacco's stats.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post

I wasn't putting the loss squarely on Joe. In fact my post suggested that if anyone deserves credit for the loss, it's the O line. I like that he did take responsibility for the loss. That is what he is supposed to now. When the offense doesn't play well Joe needs to be a stand up guy and put it on his shoulders. Even if it's not his fault. He is the new face of the franchise and this team will only go as far as he takes them.

Blog Entries

Why do we need to make a thread about everything Joe says? To me he's always been pretty much the same guy from 2008, he's just more of a leader now and a much better player with a significant amount of extra bulk. His personality is no different. He probably said things like this hundreds of times back in say 2009 without us realizing.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 10-04-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Why do we need to make a thread about everything Joe says.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I'm so sick of hearing that. Its just a number, and has no meaning what so ever unless Joe is generally just laying back and being lazy now that he's getting paid a ton of money, which he obviously isn't doing. Its not like you guys are paying tax money that goes to Flacco's account, you buy tickets to go watch him win the franchise football games, just like you all were before he earned the contract.

I understand the whole salary cap thing, but that's a whole different subject. Just because Joe is earning all that money, we shouldn't all of a sudden start taking everything he says through the media literally (even though a lot of us did before the contract anyway). If Flacco throws 5 picks in a game, sure, start a thread, it absolutely needs to be talked about, just like how bad the offensive line is, or how Rice is average less than 3 yards a carry, but why all of a sudden do we need to start threads of nothing more than "players speak"?

Blog Entries

Now that the face of the franchise has retired, Joe's quotes will garner more attention. To us, this sounds like something he would have said three years ago. To the rest of the nation, it is new, because he was always overshadowed by Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Plus, the vast majority of the time, at least in the media, the defense favored Rice and the idea of running the football. That really didn't change until the 2011 AFC Championship Game.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Just win, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Now that the face of the franchise has retired, Joe's quotes will garner more attention. To us, this sounds like something he would have said three years ago. To the rest of the nation, it is new, because he was always overshadowed by Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Plus, the vast majority of the time, at least in the media, the defense favored Rice and the idea of running the football. That really didn't change until the 2011 AFC Championship Game.
    Ding ding ding!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2