Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I would never say "depressed" because I don't believe in the entire concept of depression
    Must be nice to be able to not believe in this...
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

I'm not depressed but I am bummed, and I will feel a lot better if the Giants win "our" Super Bowl, because if I see Tom Brady hoisting that trophy it's going to be very hard to avoid thinking that it should have been Joe Flacco doing that instead.

The annual choke thing is part of what's bumming me out.

2008 - Darren Stone
    2009 - Presto! Ravens magically turn crap Indy defense into the 1985 Chicago Bears
    2010 - Get 14 point lead. Then fumble, throw interception, fumble, drop, drop, lose.
    2011 - Play tight game, then drop, shank, lose.

There's always a reason for a loss, but these are especially agonizing ones.

I guess Ray Lewis was right.

I'm not depressed because life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I'm still a bit emotionally and mentally bruised to be honest. I don't think I will be able to watch the game on Sunday. I think it might be a good time to catch up some old episodes of a show or two that can fully divert my mind from the game. I still even get a sick feeling logging on here in fact (no offense to any of my esteemed fellow members). I think I will be a bit recovered as we approach the draft, but I'm really trying to put more of my focus on other things right now because each time I think about the Ravens, my stomach turns a bit right now.
    Then you are depressed. When I think of my Ravens, I think of the excitement they have brought the past four seasons and the strong likelihood that we return to playoffs next season.

Since 7:00 P.M. on January 21st I have not:

1. Watched a single second of ESPN or any other national sports coverage, with the exception of the hour I spent at Buffalo Wild Wings, locked in on a hockey game.
    2. Listened to a single second of any local or national sports talk radio. I programnmed out 105.7 (long overdue anyway) and anything on XM.
    3. Watched any football. Somebody mentioned something a couple of days ago about the poor KR for the 49ers getting death threats for fumbles, and I said "what fumbles".
    4. Considered for a second watching any of the Super Bowl. I will be at the movies.

Not depressed, just choosing not to deal with it. Fuck it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I am sure GOTA did not mean depressed, as in I need to take medication or talk to a doctor because the Ravens lost and I am not sure if I can go on.
    You're correct. As I've gotten older with less time because I have 3 young kids to deal with, football has really become my sport.

I got bored with baseball and once my favorite player retired, stopped watching or caring about it. I haven't been into basketball since the 80's. I used to watch a lot of hockey but since they changed the rules to get scoring up I watch less and less. I still enjoy Manchester United and the EPL but haven't been able to see it as much as I would like to. I doubt I'll even watch a minute of the Olympics which have become very corporate and distasteful.

NFL football is a lot like Summer. It's something special and it goes very quickly. I hate the fact that it's now over my sports year won't start again until September. Until then I'll probably focus more on my own mountain biking and watching my kids play soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    The annual choke thing is part of what's bumming me out.

2008 - Darren Stone
    2009 - Presto! Ravens magically turn crap Indy defense into the 1985 Chicago Bears
    2010 - Get 14 point lead. Then fumble, throw interception, fumble, drop, drop, lose.
    2011 - Play tight game, then drop, shank, lose.

There's always a reason for a loss, but these are especially agonizing ones.
    How could I forget the Darren Stone debacle, which cost us, IMHO, a trip to the SB....thanks for reminding me!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Condolences on a heartbreaking loss. I am a Steelers fan and was rooting for you guys because I like and respect your organization and players and can't stand the Patriots. No team should have to lose the way you guys did. Seeing the Patriots get killed by the Giants will be nice.

If it helps at all I as a Steelers fan have experienced both AFC Championship losses (4 that I am old enough to remember) and Super Bowl losses (2 that I remember). The Super Bowl losses were far worse for me than the AFC Champ losses. Maybe because of all the hype leading up to the game and anticipation, etc.

I think you would have had a good chance in SB, but if you had to lose trust me it's worse to lose the Super Bowl. Hope that helps a little. See ya next year (at least twice).

Yup, I'm definitely bummed. I live here in Massachusetts, so you can only imagine how I feel. Patriots fans are the most obnoxious in pro sports, outside of the Pink Hat fans. I will be a one day Giants fan, come this Sunday. Would love nothing better than to see the fans here dropped down a peg or two.

Not to be insenstive but some of you are taking this way to personally. It wasn't our year and it wasn't meant to be. Deal with it and move on. We have the offseason, draft and next year to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny600 View Post
    Condolences on a heartbreaking loss. I am a Steelers fan and was rooting for you guys because I like and respect your organization and players and can't stand the Patriots.
    Thanks for your empathy. But it seems like every year in Baltimore is like Ground Hog Day - the team just has a propensity for losing games in the clutch. But, hey, things could be worse, we could all be Browns (or Redskin) fans.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Of course it's just a game, but that doesn't mean it's not important. I've experienced the happiness of a living in a city celebrating a WS win (1983 Orioles) and a Super Bowl win with the Ravens. It is something to be treasured and remembered.

On the opposite side of the coin, it is also okay and understandable to be sad over losing the way the Ravens did.

This wasn't just losing the AFC championship. It would not be so painful if the Ravens had lost by 10 points.

This was losing a game we had won. To come that close, if Evans had just squeezed the ball we would be in the Super Bowl. And then to have Cundiff follow that up immediately with a a missed FG, that made the Evans drop even more painful than it would have been by itself.

So I'm not depressed about the Ravens losing but I am still sad about it. And I imagine that thinking about how this season ended will always bring on negative emotions, for the rest of my life. Just as thinking about the Orioles losing the 1979 WS still does not make me happy.