Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: The Best Part: ...this is just the beginning

You're absolutely right, wicked. This won't be Joe's last superbowl. Ben did it twice, Eli did it twice... is Joe any worse than those? No. Damn no.

The window is even more open than ever - Brady and Peyton are in their twilight. The Steelers aren't getting younger, but they're always going to be there in someway... but who else ya got? Schaub? Dalton? Maybe the Colts and Luck, but they're talent deficient in too many areas yet.

Sure, once the confetti is swept up, the Ravens do have several issues this offseason to sort. They may even have a hangover season. But, the future is bright even with the Lombardi. The torch is passed, but the flame is still going.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    But by the same token maybe you don't get the pissed off focus that allows them to hold on against that comeback.
    Good point.

That really was the defining moment in this team's SB run.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    You're absolutely right, wicked. This won't be Joe's last superbowl. Ben did it twice, Eli did it twice... is Joe any worse than those? No. Damn no.

The window is even more open than ever - Brady and Peyton are in their twilight. The Steelers aren't getting younger, but they're always going to be there in someway... but who else ya got? Schaub? Dalton? Maybe the Colts and Luck, but they're talent deficient in too many areas yet.

Sure, once the confetti is swept up, the Ravens do have several issues this offseason to sort. They may even have a hangover season. But, the future is bright even with the Lombardi. The torch is passed, but the flame is still going.
    I don't think there is going to be a hangover season.

I don't know. I just think Flacco has completely surpassed what most of us thought he could be. With Flacco at the helm, I think the Ravens can be legitimate contenders to repeat. Absolutely.

The biggest difference - IMO - is Jim Caldwell. The Ravens need to keep that guy OR get someone who can effectively replace him because he is DEFINITELY going to get some head coach looks next year. Especially if the Ravens have another good year and Flacco puts up good numbers.

Just simple math here:
    Flacco threw for 1,140 yards and 11 TD's and 0 INT's throughout the post season. That is an average of 285 yards per game and 2.2 TD's per game.

Those numbers throughout an entire season: 35 TD's and 4,560 yards.

Blog Entries

I can't wait to see what this offense can do next year with Flacco having the entire offseason and camps to work with Caldwell as OC I think this team can average around 30 points per game home and away

Blog Entries

Do Flacco haters have anything really to say anymore? I know theyll still pop up from time to time but i feel there should be an official "Flacco hater Crow Feast" thread.

As far as the future, I think its bright but this offseason is critical in continuing the success, short term. replacing a legend, possibly 2, revamping the O-line (which is critical to Flaccos success), all while still trying to inject youth and talent overall and improve in problem areas. I think long term theyll be fine regardless.

If were relying on Flacco going forward, I cant see how LT isnt our biggest issue this offseason. More important than Kruger, Ellerbe, Reed, etc. Flacco needs a solid O-line, but at the same time maybe thats addressed in a change of offensive philosophy where he can get rid of the ball quicker.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Do Flacco haters have anything really to say anymore? I know theyll still pop up from time to time but i feel there should be an official "Flacco hater Crow Feast" thread.

As far as the future, I think its bright but this offseason is critical in continuing the success, short term. replacing a legend, possibly 2, revamping the O-line (which is critical to Flaccos success), all while still trying to inject youth and talent overall and improve in problem areas. I think long term theyll be fine regardless.

If were relying on Flacco going forward, I cant see how LT isnt our biggest issue this offseason. More important than Kruger, Ellerbe, Reed, etc. Flacco needs a solid O-line, but at the same time maybe thats addressed in a change of offensive philosophy where he can get rid of the ball quicker.
    OL is definitely a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just simple math here:
    Flacco threw for 1,140 yards and 11 TD's and 0 INT's throughout the post season. That is an average of 285 yards per game and 2.2 TD's per game.

Those numbers throughout an entire season: 35 TD's and 4,560 yards.
    While our 2013 schedule will be challenging, it amplifies your point that those are projected numbers applicable to playing elite PO competition for 16 games straight.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Yep. There are some significant roster changes coming this off season, but I trust Ozzie to figure something out. Hopefully that means a faster and more athletic defense.

Offense will be excellent as long as there's a semblance of a solid line.

Blog Entries

This team will look a lot different next year but we have tons of draft picks. And the 'old' Ravens team started 3 rookies in the SB while the 9ers started none.

FWIW - Vegas has installed the 9ers and Broncos as next year's SB favorites ;) underdog role again, here we go

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The next big thing is here.

My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Yep. There are some significant roster changes coming this off season, but I trust Ozzie to figure something out. Hopefully that means a faster and more athletic defense.

Offense will be excellent as long as there's a semblance of a solid line.
    Agree - they really need more speed on defense, especially in the LB core.

We may suffer a little from losing ellerbe and kruger, but the future looks bright
    Upshaw is gonna be a good one