Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: new ravens mascots, ravens being sued?

P eople
    E ating
    T asty
    A nimals
    this from someone who does not eat red meat by choice.

air horns
    shows what they know--air horns are on the forbidden list!

Just shows you how stupid PETA is.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Wow, this guy seriously needs to grow a pair. "Harming ravens"? Please, tell me how...
    The quoted spokesperson's name is Debbie, so I suspect this isn't an option without hormone therapy.

PETA is a waste.

Blog Entries

so why haven't they gone after Medievel Times for their falcon demonstration? Seriously, did this woman lose a bet when we beat the Steelers at the end of last season? Does she just not like the Ravens? stupid.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Initially I thought of having real Ravens at the game as a great idea, but to use them at the most intense time prior to kick-off is not a good idea. :grbac:

When you lot have finished with your 'don't tell me what to do' stuff you make take time to reflect on what a poor idea it actually is!:girlfight

Will it add to the proceedings, you will hardly be able to see them - particularly when lots of smoke is around? Will the birds enjoy it - NO!

Now, if they were trained to attack the opposition??? :)

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    Initially I thought of having real Ravens at the game as a great idea, but to use them at the most intense time prior to kick-off is not a good idea. :grbac:

When you lot have finished with your 'don't tell me what to do' stuff you make take time to reflect on what a poor idea it actually is!:girlfight

Will it add to the proceedings, you will hardly be able to see them - particularly when lots of smoke is around? Will the birds enjoy it - NO!

Now, if they were trained to attack the opposition??? :)
    That I can agree with, when I first saw it I did think, hmm, quite cool but what's the point? I also thought that the comment about the Ravens needing to win more games not fly live Ravens or whatever it was, was actually the best part of their letter/response, I thought that was brilliantly cutting.

There's very little evidence that it'll cause harm to the birds though, they'll be thoroughly trained and all it'll be is flying from one handler in the tunnel to another handler out on the field, thorough prep and the birds will be fine, but I agree that I don't really see the point of it.

I'm sure that some people belonging to PETA are well-intentioned and have their hearts in the right place, but the people there who generate publicity for PETA appear to be complete morons. They consistently make themselves look like idiots with their extreme, out of touch with reality views. This issue (if it can even be called that) is just a minor example.

PETA had a chance to get back in the good graces of everyone when Mr. Mexico (aka Michael Vick) decided the murder pooches down in Blacksburg.

Nice to see they have gone right back to their radical / pseudo-terrorist ways.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    Will the birds enjoy it - NO!
    How, exactly, do you know this?

- C -

I know that dogs enjoy doing tricks... it may be from their assumed reward, but I would imagine that the birds are trained using a reward as well. I'm sur ehtey love it becuase they get a nice tasty treat at the end.

Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but aren't these ravens simply going to fly around the stadium for a lap or two, and then return to their handlers? Were any of these asshats at PETA awake in the aftermath of Sept. 11, when bald eagles flew around Yankee Stadium? What's the difference?

Well, of course there is a difference between that year and now, but I think you all understand my point. Last time I checked, birds fly -- if that's all they're being asked to do, what is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Last time I checked, birds fly -- if that's all they're being asked to do, what is the problem?
    Which leads me to this thought. The Bears should get a live bear, have it walk it onto the field to see if a bear shits on a football field as well as in the woods.