Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Props to Dean Pees

Pees and the D, need that Charm City Swagger back.. Not going to be fired now, but Pees is not a Ravens D type of coach. Swagger is missing, as someone said, it Feels like Mattison again!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    It really is amazing that you can take virtually the same defense and they fall from top 5 to bottom 5. Our talent might not be as good as it was in it's hey day but damn man, it's not that bad. Good coaches find a way to get the most out of their players. Pees is not maximizing the talent on our defense. If we have to have freaking 1st round picks at every position on defense, your NEVER going to be good.
    exactly, how did we find those adalius's, those bart scott's, those Hartwell's, those Jj's, Mcrary's how did we ever find those guys? They all weren't number 1 picks hell some weren't even drafted, we had coaches back then who understood the personnel they had, they understood what worked, what schemes they could use to maximize that personnel group. Those guys probably wouldn't have made it if they were never given a shot, but the coaches (rex, nolan, del rio, marvin) put then in a situation to succeed. Why do we have 6'2 press cover corners playing 10yrds off the ball? Why are we sending middle backer blitz when we cant even get push from our Dline straight up? Or a middle backer blitz coming off the edge when that's slow blitz? Where are the stunts? Where is the presnap movements? Where is the shuffling aling the line putting guys in a place to take advantage of the other teams weakness? The floods, the overload blitzes? Where is all that shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    exactly, how did we find those adalius's, those bart scott's, those Hartwell's, those Jj's, Mcrary's how did we ever find those guys? They all weren't number 1 picks hell some weren't even drafted, we had coaches back then who understood the personnel they had, they understood what worked, what schemes they could use to maximize that personnel group. Those guys probably wouldn't have made it if they were never given a shot, but the coaches (rex, nolan, del rio, marvin) put then in a situation to succeed. Why do we have 6'2 press cover corners playing 10yrds off the ball? Why are we sending middle backer blitz when we cant even get push from our Dline straight up? Or a middle backer blitz coming off the edge when that's slow blitz? Where are the stunts? Where is the presnap movements? Where is the shuffling aling the line putting guys in a place to take advantage of the other teams weakness? The floods, the overload blitzes? Where is all that shit?
    Marvin, Rex Ryan.....they all had input. Now we lost Pagano.....we are getting raped talent-wise in coaching and thn FAs.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

very vanilla. I give them props for holding Believeland to field goals but it seems like they're going to have to go back to a little organized chaos

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I may be in the minority but Pees gets no love from me with a 28th rank defense.
    +10, and counting!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blame.

Have not been impressed with Pees at all. I realize there was a loss of talent but it is no excuse to go from top 5 to bottom 5. Ravens are behind teams like Indy, KC and even Cleveland. Do they have better talent than the Ravens? I think not. I would be commending Pees if he had this unit in the top 10. I would be understanding if he had this unit in the top 15. But to be at the bottom is on the coach. This team is poorly coached on both sides of the ball and nothing illustrates that more than the fact that they are one of the most penalized teams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I disagree.

Losing Redding and JJ is a big deal, no doubt, but a majority of this defense was here last year and almost every current starter was a starter last year and/or played a significant amount.

Pees just isn't using the guys like Pags did. Plain and simple.

Case and point: The secondary. What looked like a strong press-man unit last year has quickly turned into a unit that gives up 8-10 yards a pop because the corners are playing so far off the receiver.

I thought the D stepped up nicely in the 2nd half yesterday, but it was also against the Browns and a QB who refused to throw it to his 1st read almost every snap. I don't know if you guys caught any of the commentary or not, but they were flipping out regarding how Brandon Weeden was literally passing over guys like Massequoi and Watson who were uncovered underneath on SEVERAL plays. If the Browns had a QB who could spread it around effectively, that likely would have been a very different game.

On the plus side, I will say that Jimmy Smith did a nice job on Massequoi and Greg Little because those guys didn't even register a reception IIRC. They pretty much picked on Cary Williams.

Frankly, I agree with Smoove on this one. The 28th ranked defense is nothing to be pleased about and a lot of it is because of Pees.
    Shouldn't be a slight to Pees to note that he's bringing to the Ravens exactly what his track record and NE style defense advertised prior to his hire. The real questrion is why the Ravens would want his style of D coaching. He's just being the same Pees we knew he was and somehow to expect somethng else is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Shouldn't be a slight to Pees to note that he's bringing to the Ravens exactly what his track record and NE style defense advertised prior to his hire. The real questrion is why the Ravens would want his style of D coaching. He's just being the same Pees we knew he was and somehow to expect somethng else is confusing.
    Exactly right.

I feel like Harbs and his whole staff are Bo Schembechler disciples. Solid fundamentally-sound football, but nothing too creative. Its a proven winning formula but a little too vanilla to win the big game (as a Raven fan, hopefully I'm wrong)

I may be in the minority but Pees gets no love from me with a 28th rank defense.
    Actually past 2 games defense has looked better. He hasnt had a full compliment of players either. Ngata hurt, Mcphee hurt, Suggs hurt, Upshaw hurt and Kemo terrible and Cody not so great. Looks like the Defense is slowly getting better, IMO. Most of that ranking is from a few early games. I dont think they miss Ray as much as people think.

Blog Entries

I didn't want him before his hire, and still don't like it. Blame, period. Wow our D didn't give up a TD! So freaking what? It was against one of the worst teams in the league at redzone scoring.

We've gotten abused and ransaked on our D coaches over the years and now it's finally biting us. the unfortunate thing, I bet he gets a pass for next year if they give Cam the boot. Teams NEVER do a complete overhaul unless it's from the HC down. So unfortunatly, unless he gets a HC job offer(will never happen) we're stuck with him next year. Better go get some better players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Actually past 2 games defense has looked better. He hasnt had a full compliment of players either. Ngata hurt, Mcphee hurt, Suggs hurt, Upshaw hurt and Kemo terrible and Cody not so great. Looks like the Defense is slowly getting better, IMO. Most of that ranking is from a few early games. I dont think they miss Ray as much as people think.
    The D looked good against Houton? Really? maybe I'm in a seperate dimension but pretty sure they ripped our D apart.