Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FWIW Sam Wyche and Eric Davis both predict...

The Ravens win against Houston a few minutes ago on NFL AM a few minutes ago.

Re: FWIW Sam Wyche and Eric Davis both predict...

If the Ravens come out and play wide open football from the first whistle I think they'll win. The Ravens can no longer rely on the defense holding a lead. If they understand that and act accordingly they can win the way the Pats and Packers do. If you start to see Marty ball rear its little ugly head its going to be a long, long day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    If the Ravens come out and play wide open football from the first whistle I think they'll win. The Ravens can no longer rely on the defense holding a lead. If they understand that and act accordingly they can win the way the Pats and Packers do. If you start to see Marty ball rear its little ugly head its going to be a long, long day
    And if we lose, it's all on Cam.

Blog Entries

Sam Wyche is still around? I love that guy. One of my favorite coaches ever.

Blog Entries

Oddly enough, I think the defense plays well. To me it comes down to the offense. And just when I'm ready to pick the Ravens I hear Cam on the radio talking about how getting off to a good start is not necessarily a good indicator of whether you win or not. No accountability. I don't trust him on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    We both know you'll have a lot of fun after the game on this board

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Sam Wyche is still around? I love that guy. One of my favorite coaches ever.
    Sorry Gota, it is Steve Wyche, my bad. I liked Sam too. Last I heard, he was coaching high school somewhere in the mid west. I believe he had suffered with throat cancer but that was a while back. Not sure what he's up to. My favorite Sam Wyche moment was when he chided the Bengals fans for throwing things on the field. He said "you don't live in Cleveland!!!"

http://youtu.be/yJMa20xXykI

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Sorry Gota, it is Steve Wyche, my bad. I liked Sam too. Last I heard, he was coaching high school somewhere in the mid west. I believe he had suffered with throat cancer but that was a while back. Not sure what he's up to. My favorite Sam Wyche moment was when he chided the Bengals fans for throwing things on the field. He said "you don't live in Cleveland!!!"

http://youtu.be/yJMa20xXykI
    That was the best HK! It really brought the Bengals fans together. Sam was the first of the Bill Walsh guys to become a head coach and one of the best. What I heard was that his vocal cord was severed by mistake in a botched operation. He found it too difficult to speak loudly enough to coach. I know he worked 1 on 1 with the Bills QBs but he found it too difficult. It's too bad. Sam would have been a great OC for the league.

According to Wikipedia---High School

In 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, Wyche volunteered as the offensive coordinator and quarterback coach for the Pickens High School Blue Flame in Pickens, South Carolina. He helped the Blue Flame get to the second round of the playoffs in 2006. Sam was a registered substitute teacher in Pickens County schools.

On November 4, 2008, Wyche secured a seat on the County Council for Pickens County, South Carolina.[2] Running as a member of the Republican Party, Wyche defeated Democrat Wesley Burbage for the Pickens seat, by a margin of 6,478 votes to 1,639.[2] In July 2009, Wyche let it be known that he is considering running for the GOP nomination for South Carolina's 3rd congressional district, which is being vacated by incumbent J. Gresham Barrett, who is running for Governor of South Carolina.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Wyche

I'm oddly confident about this game...obviously we have to buckle down and at least be competent as a run defense. Im hoping they put Jimmy on AJ with help over the top and let Cary play Kevin Walter. Their TE's and H-Back's scare me, we effectively held Owen Daniels in check last year w/bracket coverage but it's the Garrett Graham's and James Casey's in one on one's that scare me most. Hopefully we are agressive on D because i dont think their line is a good as it was last year, i also think you force Schaub into some mistakes if you press the envelope a bit.

On defense i just hope we continue our progression vs. press coverage from last week. Also would like to see us take shots downfield, Joseph is banged up a little and Kareem Jackson can be beat deep. Also would like to see us attack Dobbins and James in coverage. Hopefully we can contain their pressure enough to be successful.

The thing that the Ravens D needs to be working on this week is tackling. If they tackle like they did in the Dallas game, I don't see how they win this game. I don't know how many padded practices they have left for the season(what a load of crap that is...), but they better be doing some tackling drills this week.

Eric Davis??? The baseball player?