LB Bynes moved from practice squad to 53 man roster

Probably insurance for the questionable McClain and Ayanbadejo

The Ravens signed rookie LB Josh Bynes from their practice squad to the 53-man roster Saturday morning.

To make room for the move, Baltimore waived T D.J. Jones.

Bynes originally signed with the Ravens as an undrafted free agent out of Auburn this past July. During his collegiate career, he appeared in 43 games, recording 238 tackles (127 solo), seven interceptions, 19 passes defensed, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

Following training camp, Bynes was waived on Sept. 3 and then later signed to the Ravens’ practice squad on Nov. 9. He has been on Baltimore’s active roster for one game this season (11/24 vs. SF).
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: LB Bynes moved from practice squad to 53 man roster

I'm happy for him and hope he sees some action (maybe ST). he looked pretty impressive in exhibition (I know, so did babe Laufenberg).
    glad we hung on to him, expected somebody else (Cleveland?) to grab him.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

This kid was a beast in college. Was the best player on the field during preseason 4th quarters. (yeah, many of the guys on the field are driving beer trucks now, but he was very active & very athletic). Who knows, maybe he's another UDFA future starter. Could be good for special teams depth......

Blog Entries

Doubt he sees playing time this year but would love to see him around for a long time. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phkmtZ_pxo0

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Behind Mcphee he impressed me the most from the rookies in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Behind Mcphee he impressed me the most from the rookies in preseason.
    More than Torrey Smith?

I know Josh became a cause for some here, but the fact that he lasted all year after being off and on the practice squad makes a statement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    More than Torrey Smith?

I know Josh became a cause for some here, but the fact that he lasted all year after being off and on the practice squad makes a statement.
    Seeing how Torrey had... a few targets and I think no catches I would said Bynes impressed more in the preseason

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Seeing how Torrey had... a few targets and I think no catches I would said Bynes impressed more in the preseason
    Your right. I reread his post and He is saying of all the rookies in preseason Bynes pre-season play impressed him the most. I think josh impressed in the last game when the TV crew kind of made him the focus. Frankly, Tyrod probably impressed more than anyone if you go by preseason performance. I think Josh has been brought up just in case BA is a no go. Special team guy maybe.
    Go Ravens!!

Says a lot about our #2 pick, Mr Kindle. I know the ST stuff matters, but still pretty sad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cealex1223 View Post
    Says a lot about our #2 pick, Mr Kindle. I know the ST stuff matters, but still pretty sad.
    I think Kindle is actually being groomed to play more in 2012. After all, the guy did fracture his skull, and I believe the Ravens are still being somewhat cautious with him. Next season may make or break his NFL career... Bc