Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The dumbest blog I have seen in a long time

Did anyone catch this blog from some asshole named George Bretherton at the NY Times? Basically, he claims that Reed tried to hurt Chris Johnson after he was gashing us for yards. Then, he says the accusation is "nothing new" after Mendenhall was injured in the first game.

I don't remember anyone calling the hit on Mendenhall that broke his shoulder "dirty." Ray hit him clean on an angle. What the hell is this guy talking about? During the play in question, Chris Johnson was fighting for more yards, and Reed was fighting to stop that. I don't see the intent to injure there. It's football, people get hurt. Not to mention Chris Johnson did have a 10 yard run after that, the sprain could have happened there. This guy is an idiot.
    Last edited by RavensDomination; 01-14-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Re: The dumbest blog I have seen in a long time

Ray's hit on Mendenhall was totally legal, I can vouch for that as a Steelers fan.

The bounty talk, which included Mendenhall, is extremely dirty and low class, but the hit delivered was totally legal.

I didn't see Reed going after Johnson, but I can say that Reed has always been a classy player who lets his play do the talking, so I would highly doubt he had any intention to injure Johnson.

Blog Entries

People are just trying to dig up dirt and explain away the fact that a team with mostly superior stats lost.

It's tiresome now.

If playing hard and laying wood on offensive players is dirty, then I think the Ravens, Steelers, Titans and Eagles can be considered that.

Brian Dawkins leads with his head on half of his tackles!

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    If playing hard and laying wood on offensive players is dirty, then I think the Ravens, Steelers, Titans and Eagles can be considered that.

Brian Dawkins leads with his head on half of his tackles!
    That's generous Rav, it's far closer to 100% than that.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    That's generous Rav, it's far closer to 100% than that.
    Touché!

7. Re: The dumbest blog I have seen in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Did anyone catch this blog from some asshole named George Bretherton at the NY Times? Basically, he claims that Reed tried to hurt Chris Johnson after he was gashing us for yards. Then, he says the accusation is "nothing new" after Mendenhall was injured in the first game.

I don't remember anyone calling the hit on Mendenhall that broke his shoulder "dirty." Ray hit him clean on an angle. What the hell is this guy talking about? During the play in question, Chris Johnson was fighting for more yards, and Reed was fighting to stop that. I don't see the intent to injure there. It's football, people get hurt. Not to mention Chris Johnson did have a 10 yard run after that, the sprain could have happened there. This guy is an idiot.
    People forget that Chris Johnson played and played well, after that Ed Reed bending him backwards

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    People forget that Chris Johnson played and played well, after that Ed Reed bending him backwards
    Not to mention that Ed bent Johnson's back so hard it sprained his ankle.

BS

Ugh, what a joke, try asking the other players what they think about our defense.

10. Re: The dumbest blog I have seen in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Steelmember View Post
    Ray's hit on Mendenhall was totally legal, I can vouch for that as a Steelers fan.
    Mendenhall just got wacked. It's football, not dancing!

11. Re: The dumbest blog I have seen in a long time

Johnson was clearly stopped. There really was no reason for what reed did. I think that if the same thing were to be done to one of the ravens you all would take a different view.

It never cease to amaze me the hate that some idiots have for the Ravens,all because of our "image" in some circles.

I wonder if the writer actually read what he wrote,specifically....

That was when the sequence in question occurred: Johnson’s forward momentum was being stopped by linebackers Lewis and Terrell Suggs — and right before the whistle blew ending the play — safety Ed Reed jumped into the scrum and grabbed Johnson by his upper body, preventing him from falling to the turf.
    You play to the whistle,and if it DIDNT blow,Ed has every right to stop the ball carrier by whatever means necessary.