Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts on Tebow?

I'm in a 12 team league with an OP (offensive player) in addition to a QB slot. I picked up Tebow thinking he might be a decent start in the OP in addition to Rivers in the QB slot.

Our league's scoring for QBs:
    4 pts per passing TD
    1 pt per 25 yds passing
    6 pts per rushing/receiving TD
    1 pt per 10 yds rushing/passing
    -2 pts fumbles and INTs
    -1 pt sacks

His brief body of work for fantasy has been good, but I'm reluctant to trust it. He's had a rushing TD in each of his last 4 games:
    2010 Wk 15: 22 pts
    2010 Wk 16: 24 pts
    2010 Wk 17: 27 pts
    2011 Wk 5: 16 pts (only half a game)

I don't think that's sustainable, but even taking away rushing TDs these numbers are respectable.
    16 pts
    18 pts
    21 pts
    10 pts (half a game)

Does he keep putting up decent fantasy stats?

Re: Thoughts on Tebow?

Mediocre. I think he could put up consistant stats. If Moreno can stay healthy thats a plus. Tebow always seems to get that short yardage TD's as well. If your desaprate in the QB department I would go for it. Would also be a good bye week QB and matchup QB depending on the defense denver is playing.

Not desperate. Using him as an OP start and not as my primary QB. Also, it looks like McGahee has overtaken the lead back role in Denver and is doing pretty well with it.

As I stated, he's been getting a rushing TD a game. I doubt he keeps that pace, but his fantasy numbers have been decent without the rushing TDs anyway.

If you have the space I would pick him up. As for their RB situation, McGahee was starting because Moreno is/was/will always have hammy issues. I think we will see a 50/50 split with Moreno getting most 3rd downs because he is the better pass catcher. But it helps that he does play because him and Tebow have a good connection.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedChaos View Post
    If your desaprate in the QB department I would go for it.
    If you have the space I would pick him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    I picked up Tebow thinking he might be a decent start in the OP in addition to Rivers in the QB slot.
    :read

- I'm not looking for advice on whether to pick him up. I already did.
    - I'm not deperate for a QB. I already have Rivers.

I'm looking for a discussion/opinions on whether he'll put up decent fantasy numbers. This can be a discussion about Tebow's fantasy value in general or specific to how he fits in with my team.

For me, he doesn't have to have QB1 fantasy numbers. Flex type numbers would provide sufficient value given the roster slot he'll be occupying. Anything better is a plus.

I appreciate your input, but please read the original post so that it's actually relevant.

Also, I believe that McGahee has essentially won that job. Might be a bit of a time share, but he's the lead back. I could be wrong on that. I'm not an exper on the Bronocs, but that's what it looks like to me.

My fault, though it said you were considering picking him up. As I said in my first post I think he will put up decent fantasy stats, not as much as rivers, who i have and I would like to see Rivers turn it up here soon. He should be a good back up and should progress during the season. I hope the RB situation in Denver turns around because I have Moreno as well and I'm not liking the split and/or demotion.

Also Tebow is a dual threat in the air and on the ground. Getting a healthy Moreno, Royal, and Thomas should help as well.

My fault, though it said you were considering picking him up.
    No worries

I would like to see Rivers turn it up here soon. He should be a good back up and should progress during the season.
    I feel you there, but I'm optimistic he'll pick up his game.

As for Tebow, the last thing I expect is consistency, but his upside seems to be 20+ pts when he's on. My biggest fear is that the early performances he's had aren't representative since D-coordinators didn't have enough tape on him or in the case of last week weren't expecting him to start. If they can take away the scrambling opportunities (the dual threat aspect you pointed out) I doubt he has much value.

I hope Rivers picks it up to minus when we go there later in the season.

Since we had the bye week last week I was able to watch most of the games via Red Zone and when Tebow went in I noticed a few things from what I got to see during the game:

-He had decent protection
    -Lloyd needs to return to his 2010 form
    -Decker could be valuable to them
    -Most of his "good plays" seemed to be broken plays that he pulled out of his rear end
    -Team needs Royal/Thomas back
    -Doesnt have a big arm

He should be in the 15-25 point range per game. Most will depend on the defenses they play, SD is in the higher group of the average defenses.

Anytime you have a flex spot that includes quarterbacks, you absolutely have to put a QB in that spot. It depends who else you have, but unless you have a guy like Ryan Matthews sitting on your bench, Tebow is a must start at that spot.

He's going to get you top 15 qb numbers just passing alone, PLUS he's the teams goal line back.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Any wondering who the Broncos lead RB is. Well its Mcgahee and its not even a split for Carries. Mcgahee has 3 100 yrd games in last 4 games. Hes getting the load and maknig the best of it. Moreno is a bust, and a waste of a roster spot

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Anytime you have a flex spot that includes quarterbacks, you absolutely have to put a QB in that spot. It depends who else you have, but unless you have a guy like Ryan Matthews sitting on your bench, Tebow is a must start at that spot.

He's going to get you top 15 qb numbers just passing alone, PLUS he's the teams goal line back.
    ^This. My initial thought was that he is a matchup play AT WORST in that spot. They're just getting Royal and Thomas back, so I expect his play to improve as he gets more reps with them. I only saw the last two drives today, and he made some really nice throws that impressed me re: timing, arm strength. Decker is a really good young WR too...I'll be surprised if their passing game doesn't improve drastically.
    Long days and pleasant nights.