Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Arm going Forwad, Hmmm Intentional Grounding!?!?!?!

Who was the eligible reciever???

Loss of down and yards.

Re: Arm going Forwad, Hmmm Intentional Grounding!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Who was the eligible reciever???

Loss of down and yards.
    I said the same thing though I had no expectation that they would even think about that after having to go back and review such a blatantly obvious play to begin with.

I am thinking that MAYBE just MAYBE there was a receiver on the side close to the line of scrimmage and they gave him the benefit of the doubt because he was hit while throwing. That or they totally screwed the pooch on the call...;)

It was horrendous to call it a fumble to begin with - THE BALL WENT FORWARD. They had their head up their ass so far with the fumble review that I doubt they even thought to call the intentional grounding.

Technically, Vick was outside the Tackle Box. However, he didn't have an eligible receiver anyways.

The whole play was such a clusterfuck that I don't think anyone really know what was going on. The grounding got lost in the 20 minute conference the refs had.

and to think, it wasn't even the worst mistake the refs made in that game.

I thought that when a QB makes a throw outside the tackle box he still has to get the ball to the line of scrimmage? Did Vick do that?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

I really don't think it is worth constantly hollering about this one. The Jones TD was the egregious call that really did it for the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Technically, Vick was outside the Tackle Box. However, he didn't have an eligible receiver anyways.

The whole play was such a clusterfuck that I don't think anyone really know what was going on. The grounding got lost in the 20 minute conference the refs had.
    If he was outside the tackle box he didn't need to have an eligible receiver. In that case it just needs to get to the line of scrimmage, which it did. I don't think Vick was outside the tackle box which it why he had to throw it to a receiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If he was outside the tackle box he didn't need to have an eligible receiver. In that case it just needs to get to the line of scrimmage, which it did. I don't think Vick was outside the tackle box which it why he had to throw it to a receiver
    The line of scrimage was the 1 yard line. Vick's pass did not make it back to the line of scrimage. He was getting hit as he was throwing the ball though. I don't know if that matters in whether or not intentional grounding is called.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Agreed.

And compound the fact it was originally a fumble. Once the play was ruled a fumble, they cannot then go under the hood and call grounding based on the replay.

It was such a bang bang play I don't think the regular refs would have made a different call.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed.

And compound the fact it was originally a fumble. Once the play was ruled a fumble, they cannot then go under the hood and call grounding based on the replay.

It was such a bang bang play I don't think the regular refs would have made a different call.
    The regular refs wouldn't have ruled it a fumble. It was obvious it wasn't a fumble. The ball went like 10 yards forward.