Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I've had enough of Ed Reed's BS

You mean the Ed that had 2 PD's and 1 INT last week. Probably should have had 2 INT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I don't think Ed is being a drama queen, and I respect the man, but if he can't tackle then he needs to take time off until he can be an asset again. I hate to say it, but he was a very big liability in the Raiders game.

If he can't tackle then Heath Miller is going to abuse him over the middle.

He needs to heal up.
    Benching him for the rest of the season will still not heal him up. It's well documented that he's been banged up for the last 2-3 years. His presence on the field makes QBs and DCs think and you and I know that this game is just as mental as it is physical. He dictates schemes designed to go away from his side of the field

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    We need Ed.
    We don't have another free safety--Webb was supposed to be Ed's replacement in the event Ed couldn't play. But Webb's done for the season.
    Ihedigbo, Considine and Omar Brown are all strong safeties. And Thompson's a rookie with little NFL experience. In fact, none of those 4 have much experience at safety.
    If Ed goes down, we've got a real problem...maybe we'll go with Chykie at free safety, who knows.
    Got a link for that claim?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Did you happen to notice what the final score was?? If that's a liability, let's do it again.
    I loved when that Raiders DB was yapping at Boldin and Q just pointed to the scoreboard...

5. Re: I've had enough of Ed Reed's BS

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Got a link for that claim?
    Who else is going to play free safety if Ed can't? Ihedigbo was signed for ST and to be Pollard's backup. And Considine's no better. So, that leaves either Webb or Chykie Brown, since Thompson and Omar Brown are rookies and do you really see Harbaugh going with rookies who've never started an NFL regular season game yet, if he still has other veteran experienced options?
    But with Webb out now, Chykie has to play corner, so who's left to play free safety if Ed can't play?

EDIT: Just remembered we have Corey Graham, so he can play 3rd corner which frees Chykie to play safety, but still that's hardly ideal.
    My overall point is we're thin at safety with no one else besides Ed who has experience actually playing safety and not just mainly special teams during their careers.
    Last edited by PerpetuallyBored74; 11-12-2012 at 04:36 PM.

If Ed's hurt, why is he hitting guys high? On the TD play, all he had to do is cut the guy's legs out like he has so many times before when blowing up screen plays; less shock to the shoulder and probably no TD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Who else is going to play free safety if Ed can't? Ihedigbo was signed for ST and to be Pollard's backup. And Considine's no better. So, that leaves either Webb or Chykie Brown, since Thompson and Omar Brown are rookies and do you really see Harbaugh going with rookies who've never started an NFL regular season game yet, if he still has other veteran experienced options?
    But with Webb out now, Chykie has to play corner, so who's left to play free safety if Ed can't play?

EDIT: Just remembered we have Corey Graham, so he can play 3rd corner which frees Chykie to play safety, but still that's hardly ideal.
    My overall point is we're thin at safety with no one else besides Ed who has experience actually playing safety and not just mainly special teams during their careers.
    Got a link for that one too?

Ihedigbo can play both and obviously they feel he can back up Ed Reed at FS since, you know, he was out there playing FS when Ed went down.

And to answer you question, I think they would absolutely go with Christian Thompson at FS. That's why they drafted him. He can play both safety positions. He ran a lot of FS this off-season and was even running as the #1 FS before Ed Reed reported.

Finally, I think Emmanuel Cook was their back up FS until he got hurt. Not Webb.

At the end of the day, there really is no good answer. Safety is one of the spots the Ravens really need to address this off-season because the depth is lacking.

Blog Entries

One thing I will say about Ihedigbo... He seems to be very effective in run support.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    One thing I will say about Ihedigbo... He seems to be very effective in run support.
    He's a very aggressive player. No doubt.

Stop it with the Ladarius Webb safety stuff.

He was on 1570 with Glen Clark earlier this offseason and Glen asked him about moving to safety at some point...Webb sounded pretty pissed that someone would ask him about playing safety. He said he is a corner. Period.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Stop it with the Ladarius Webb safety stuff.

He was on 1570 with Glen Clark earlier this offseason and Glen asked him about moving to safety at some point...Webb sounded pretty pissed that someone would ask him about playing safety. He said he is a corner. Period.
    The thought has kind of been in the back of my mind if I'm being honest, because of the way he plays. But yeah, you don't move one of the best cover corners to FS no matter how good of an all around field play maker that he is. It's clear that we either draft a safety or sign someone young and someone good to address the future void.

The Ed Reed love fest is crazy to me. Do people not see him try and get away from making a tackle? Stop with the excuses for the guy. He's making 7 mil. This year part of his job is to tackle if you can't do your job then take a seat. That hit on DHB was an embarrassment! Then to lay there like he was hurt? He looked like a bitch! He ran his mouth all off-season and looks like shit. I can't wait for Ed to take his torn labrum, bad nerve in neck and his drama queen self elsewhere. My days of loving Ed are done.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2