Page 63 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6162636465 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Name one impact play he has made in the past 2 years. He can't play zone he can't play man or move sideline to sideline. Way over rated and got old overnight IMO
    He played mostly zone in Philly. I believe he will rebound nicely playing for a competent coach.

Matt Zenitz‏@mzenitz7m
    Bryant McKinnie just tweeted that his agent recently talked to Ozzie Newsome and that there's still a chance he returns to Baltimore
    Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider9m
    Source says 'nothing imminent' for Bryant McKinnie. General discussion with Ravens
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 04-03-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Im still hoping we dont have McKinnie, simply because we drafted one early on that can start right away. If that means Oher at LT and rookie at RT, ill sing a different tune.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I wonder if McKinnie would sign a contract where he only has to play after Christmas (?) That would give him plenty of time to get into football shape for the playoffs. I'm sure he wouldn't take extra gravy or potatoes during Thanksgiving, knowing full well the Ravens will need him after game #16... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I wonder if McKinnie would sign a contract where he only has to play after Christmas (?) That would give him plenty of time to get into football shape for the playoffs. I'm sure he wouldn't take extra gravy or potatoes during Thanksgiving, knowing full well the Ravens will need him after game #16... Bc
    Haha .... If he believes in his skills enough to think hes the best for a 4 game skid, Ozzie could put in there "No guaranteed money unless SB Bound"

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im still hoping we dont have McKinnie, simply because we drafted one early on that can start right away. If that means Oher at LT and rookie at RT, ill sing a different tune.
    I honestly don't see any rookie at the tail end of round 1 that you would want to hand the starting LT position over to to protect your franchise QB. McKinnie is the safest option at this point and that will at least give them a season or two to groom anyone they should draft this year. That OL was the bomb throughout the playoffs and I would hate for them to start juggling Oher or KO again since they are already going to have to adjust to Birk being gone.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good to see Brian Banks getting a chance with Atlanta.
    I hope he can make their practice squad and have a chance to work on his skills.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

McKinnie isn't getting signed before the draft. Ozzie can keep him in his back pocket and sign him if he has to. Usually right after the draft there are veterans who are suddenly out of a job. That should give Ozzie even more options if he needs them.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    McKinnie isn't getting signed before the draft. Ozzie can keep him in his back pocket and sign him if he has to. Usually right after the draft there are veterans who are suddenly out of a job. That should give Ozzie even more options if he needs them.
    Not so sure about that he could sign elsewhere then the team will have to scramble to find an adequate replacement (or shuffle Oher back over there).They still have about $3.7M available under the cap and the $2M that they get back June 1st for Pollard will be enough to cover the draft picks or close to it. Not a good idea to do into the draft with too many areas of need because it limits what they can do in terms of BPA.

Packers and LB Clay Mathews nearing a deal:

JFC, $13M/Year? Wow, first Rodgers at $25M (rumored) then Mathews. That's a lot of dough.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...tthews-sources

Not exactly the same player, but glad we got Dumervil for what we did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Not so sure about that he could sign elsewhere then the team will have to scramble to find an adequate replacement (or shuffle Oher back over there).They still have about $3.7M available under the cap and the $2M that they get back June 1st for Pollard will be enough to cover the draft picks or close to it. Not a good idea to do into the draft with too many areas of need because it limits what they can do in terms of BPA.
    No one else is calling. Older players are having a tough time finding work. An older player who has attitude issues isn't going to get too many offers.

I still think that KO is going to get that job with Oher staying at RT this season. It won't be handed to him but he'll it in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No one else is calling. Older players are having a tough time finding work. An older player who has attitude issues isn't going to get too many offers.

I still think that KO is going to get that job with Oher staying at RT this season. It won't be handed to him but he'll it in camp.
    Supposedly NO was interested since they lost Bushrod.If they move KO over to LT then they'll need a new LG to go alongside their new center.JR didn't really impress at LG if I remember correctly. You're probably right though, they will roll the dice and we'll see what happens.