Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Ravens Sack Pace

The Ravens are currently on pace for a little over twenty more sacks than they had last year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Ravens are currently on pace for a little over twenty more sacks than they had last year.
    Btw where are we ranked in pass rush right now?

Re: The Ravens Sack Pace

Excel,
    I looked quickly at your thread title and thought it said "The Ravens Suck Face".

I don't know if the Ravens will end up with 20+ sacks above last year's total, but with the way Suggs and Dumerville appear to be feeding off each other i would think 10+ above is certainly doable.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

It's not just the sacks, it's the constant pressures. I'm very pleased with the overhaul of our front seven, both in run defense and the pass rush. And we have some rotational guys who have barely played due to injury who could make the final product even better.

It may not have been evident against Peyton Manning, but we're going to be just fine against QBs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Btw where are we ranked in pass rush right now?
    The Ravens are ranked 6th in team sacks.
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...EFENSIVE_SACKS
    Doom and Suggs have combined for 31 pressures this year. Only one pair of OLBs has had more pressures than them this year: Houston and Hali in KC.
    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...elvis-dumervil

Blog Entries

To be clear, the Ravens had about 37 sacks last year and are on pace for 58-59 this year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

We'll do better than 20 by the end of the year. I expect they will stop the run in most games forcing teams to pass. This will set up the pass rushers to go after the QB. This is something they couldn't do last year. Plus, with Suggs healthy and adding Dumervil we have a powerful set of edge rushers.

Blog Entries

I'll take this over a receiver that can't win in man coverage. *ducks*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    It's not just the sacks, it's the constant pressures. I'm very pleased with the overhaul of our front seven, both in run defense and the pass rush. And we have some rotational guys who have barely played due to injury who could make the final product even better.

It may not have been evident against Peyton Manning, but we're going to be just fine against QBs this year.
    Ditto!! Im liking the front seven also right now. As long as we keep grinding til the bye, I'm hoping after the bye we are pretty healthy for the run. We do got some bodies. As long as we can manage to keep rotating we could be fine and back to a top 5 D.

This is a tremendous front seven. I would not be surprised to see that unit have 50+ sacks this year.

Blog Entries

Possibly stupid question: How many times has Pees sent a DB on a blitz this year?

Heck, how often has he sent more than the DL plus Doom & Sizzle?

That's would be sooooo awesome. Last year D really hurt. I'm super excited, maybe to much, about what this D could become and look like by season end. I'm so glad to to be a Ravens Fan.