Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Blog Entries

Re: Read somewhere that 49ers get to practice in the Superdome, we practice outside on a baseball field

Great point, man. Spot on.

I thought each team got to practice in the dome, one in the morning and one in the afternoon or something like that.
    They could have used those locker rooms while getting used to the turf.

So why wasn't the dome opened for practices?

Blog Entries

Re: Read somewhere that 49ers get to practice in the Superdome, we practice outside on a baseball field

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    So why wasn't the dome opened for practices?
    Because they were using it for Media Whores Day (largest brothel by cubic feet in the history of the universe) & other bullshit.

I tell you, with Greedell & his crew, the game is secondary to making a shitpile of $$$. Maybe tertiary, now that I think about it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    And this:

http://madison.patch.com/articles/su...-jets-facility

The practice facilities for next year's Super Bowl have already been announced by Governor Christie.....the AFC will practice at the Jets, and the NFC at the Giants. Really, WTF, NFL......?
    That's good. Rex can visit with his old team while the Ravens are practicing for their repeat....

Blog Entries

Ok, thanks lobachevsky.

Speaking of other bullsh*t, I saw them carrying the Lombardi Trophy in with armed guards and laughed my ass off. Then I saw a movie on netflix about a mobster who steals the Stanley Cup trophy to give to his son at his confirmation-lol and said damn, Goodell must have seen that movie too and hired rent a cops for the Lomardi.

ILMAO

Last year when the SB was in Indy a lot of us didn't like our favorite son Raymond Berry carrying the trophy to give
    to the winners but they said he actually had to rehearse that walk several times to get it right. It had to be slow enough
    so the players could pat the trophy as he went by. Man, talk about bullsh*t.

The last time I saw the trophy was when David Modell showed up at the Nests bull roast with the SB 35 trophy and he didn't
    have armed guards either-lol. There were 2,000 people there and he carried around to each table and let the fans
    take pics with it. Took him two hours but he had to hold the trophy with both hands because the football piece at the top was
    lose.

Turns out, Goose broke it.

David said Goose called in a favor and asked to borrow the trophy so he could take it to his favorite bar in NJ to show it off.
    He slammed it on the bar for everyone to see. Well, there must have been a fight because the trophy was banged up when Goose returned it and there was barbecue sauce in the space where it was lose. I always wondered if they got it fixed.

True story.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-01-2013 at 12:02 AM.

Blog Entries

AF: Something about the juxtaposition of Goose, the Lombardi, and barbecue sauce has just sent me into fits of hysterical laughter...:D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    AF: Something about the juxtaposition of Goose, the Lombardi, and barbecue sauce has just sent me into fits of hysterical laughter...:D
    Thanks, I'll tell you man, David MOdell was a cool cat and Bisciotti made a big mistake
    not keeping him. He was a PR gold mine at the very least.

Here's a funny story about our SB 5 trophy that is in the Babe Ruth Museum. Most
    fans don't even know we have a SB 5 trophy in town.

Rosenbloom, the Colts owner stole it and took it to LA with him when he traded the Colts
    to Irsay for the Rams. Irsay was furious when he learned about the missing trophy because
    the deal included everything including memorablia so he complained to the comish but
    Pete Rozelle was scared of Rosey so he had a replica made. It's the only replica ever made
    of the SB trophy. The original trophy was last seen in Georgia's (his wife's) sun room. She
    died so it's probably in her daughter's house now. She recently sold the team. Georgia
    btw, was a stripper when Rosey met her and the family didn't like her. Rosey's son was
    the Rams GM but when Rosey died and Georgia took over, she kicked the son out of the
    house and organization. He ended up in the Saint's front office so there is a Baltimore
    connection in NO-lol. Oh yea, Rosey died swimming off his Florida estate. At 70 he was
    in good shape and an expert swimmer. Georgia was questioned as a possible suspect
    but no evidence was found of foul play. She re-married before the body was cold but
    several years later her husband was arrested and sentenced in a big ticket scalping
    scam. When Rosey died Arty called UNitas and said
    Mafia frogmen just got Rosey. He owed Vegas tons of money.

The trophy ended up in the museum when Irsay settled the law suit with the city by returning all memorabilia including the trophy and the promise to vote for Bmore in the expansion
    derby in exchange for dropping the case. The city accepted the offer and when Art needed
    the vote to move here he got all the vote's including Irsay's.

So this will be Baltimore's 3rd SB trophy if we get it plus the NFL world championship titles
    in 58, 59 and 68. That's puts us right up there with Pissburgh's 6 trophies and rings.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-01-2013 at 01:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Thanks, I'll tell you man, David MOdell was a cool cat and Bisciotti made a big mistake
    not keeping him. He was a PR gold mine at the very least.

Here's a funny story about our SB 5 trophy that is in the Babe Ruth Museum. Most
    fans don't even know we have a SB 5 trophy in town.

Rosenbloom, the Colts owner stole it and took it to LA with him when he traded the Colts
    to Irsay for the Rams. Irsay was furious when he learned about the missing trophy because
    the deal included everything including memorablia so he complained to the comish but
    Pete Rozelle was scared of Rosey so he had a replica made. It's the only replica ever made
    of the SB trophy. The original trophy was last seen in Georgia's (his wife's) sun room. She
    died so it's probably in her daughter's house now. She recently sold the team. Georgia
    btw, was a stripper when Rosey met her and the family didn't like her. Rosey's son was
    the Rams GM but when Rosey died and Georgia took over, she kicked the son out of the
    house and organization. He ended up in the Saint's front office so there is a Baltimore
    connection in NO-lol. Oh yea, Rosey died swimming off his Florida estate. At 70 he was
    in good shape and an expert swimmer. Georgia was questioned as a possible suspect
    but no evidence was found of foul play. She re-married before the body was cold but
    several years later her husband was arrested and sentenced in a big ticket scalping
    scam. When Rosey died Arty called UNitas and said
    Mafia frogmen just got Rosey. He owed Vegas tons of money.

The trophy ended up in the museum when Irsay settled the law suit with the city by returning all memorabilia including the trophy and the promise to vote for Bmore in the expansion
    derby in exchange for dropping the case. The city accepted the offer and when Art needed
    the vote to move here he got all the vote's including Irsay's.

So this will be Baltimore's 3rd SB trophy if we get it plus the NFL world championship titles
    in 58, 59 and 68. That's puts us right up there with Pissburgh's 6 trophies and rings.
    Always love your stories. I knew about the replica trophy, but I didn't realize the SB 5 trophy was returned to us...well, the replica anyway. Irsay voted for the move, but didn't he vote AGAINST us in the expansion votes? I thought he ended up reneging on his deal when the expansion vote came up, which pissed me off, because truly, Art complied 100% with the agreement established between Cleveland and the NFL and him (and gave up a lot more too), while Irsay got to keep everything except the memorabilia, for simply a "gentlemen's agreement" that he'd endorse a team for us, which didn't really happen until Art Modell decided to move his franchise...

And when you talk about championships...5 NFL trophies, a Grey Cup, a USFL championship, a WSFL championship (Baltimore Burn), AIFA championship (Baltimore Mariners, now defunct)...and the NFL didn't think we were a hungry football town?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Thanks Scally and back to you on your great posts. Always learn from you.

YOu're right, I was thinking about when Art got the vote to move but Irsay voted vs us in the expansion derby but
    he didn't renege. As I remember now, there was an time frame and that vote came afterwards so he wasn't
    obligated and stuck it to us again.

Art got 100% approval for the move but that came later and Jimmy was running things out there.

Thanks for the point.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-01-2013 at 07:36 PM.