Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We're Done

Re: We're Done

Anyone else note the irony here?

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Anyway I absolutely agree that the amount of despair on this board is completely discouraging. Even if we were *eliminated* from the playoffs, it's not the end of the world, everybody please stay connected to reality, thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    I believe if we lose tonight we are finished.. The rest of the season will be to run the schedule out..

Hopefully we can get rid of the deadwood and get younger next year..
    :grbac:

Could we get a sub forum titled "Hopeless Despair Forum" please, and direct people with nothing to contribute but hand wringing there? Mods, could we do that?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Even if the team loses out there is still room for optimism.

So this year isn't the Ravens' year. Injuries are really killing the team. It happens.

Festivus is right about Bob Sanders too. What a spark plug.

What about the Cowboys? Suddenly Romo starts lighting it up Dallas is a solid team last year and likely best in the NFC this year.

That can happen. Pryce comes back soon. Cmac and Rolle both get healthy and ready to go.

Might happen tonight with Mac9 being 100% again without his groin problem from the 1st series of 2007 game 1!

....even if the team DOES lose out....there is a lot of room for optimism in the draft as the team would be ideally situated to replace the current "holes" on the team in terms of high talent youth at corner, defensive end, and even QB.

Never hide your Purple Pride.

Regardless of the outcome, I know our team will leave it all on the field and that's all I can ask of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post

Regardless of the outcome, I know our team will leave it all on the field and that's all I can ask of them.
    :toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

At least we know the Ravens will show up to play against teams like Pittsburgh, New England, and the Irsatz Colts. We're 4-3 instead of 6-1 not due to a few bad play calls by Billick, though they certainly didn't help. Injuries have also been huge. We lost to Buffalo and Cleveland primarily because our veteran defense showed up for both games expecting that just being present guaranteed victory, and as a result, they were beaten. No way Buffalo should have been able to mount four long scoring drives for 16 points and lots of time off the clock, but we were looking past Buffalo due to their record and rankings (our first half offense was also lousy - we do not try enough big plays, among other problems. And Boller missed the presence of Heap, his favorite receiver, all game.) Against Cleveland, the defense gave up three or four big plays that Mcnair and the offense couldn't counter. And we know the primary goat in the Cincy loss - McNair's five turnovers, including the one on the big third and one play when he way overthrew a wide open receiver and turned a big play and momentum into pick off the receiver's fingertips.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post

Damn right Ravenous! I've been feeling pretty down since Buffalo, focusing on all the negatives, poor play, injuries and I've been extremely apprehensive about tonight. But that post has made me think "ah fuck it, let's rock and roll!" There is always a chance to turn it around. This team has enough characters and talent to make a statement tonight and, if we go in with the right mindset, we can come away with the W.

I'm officially up for it now. Game on bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Jggjaron View Post
    Hey Houston Every post i have been reading of yours lately has been we are done we can't hold up against anybody in this league. I am not saying that you cant say we are not better then everyone but u have already called us out that there is no chance for the team to win and we shouldn't even show up.
    Anybody in this league? Go back and find them!

Look, I love my team but be real about this season. We're on the verge of crisis this season. And after seeing the skill and execution that is being displayed by two teams we face back-to-back, what other conclusion can you make???? I understand looking at the team through purple color glasses, but the Colts and Pats are on such a different level than us its almost scary.

Yes, we have a chance. Never said we didnt. However, to use a poker analogy, the Ravens are holding a straight draw and we're hoping for the river card so we can hit.

1. There is nothing like walking into M&T on a cold November/December afternoon to watch the Ravens regardless of our record.

2. We will have a chance to beat the Patriots and the Colts on National T.V. at home. I can't wait for those games regardless of our record.

3. Pittsburgh at home...last game of the season. We might have a chance to send them home to pack up their lockers...I can't wait to walk into the stadium for that game...and yes, regardless of our record.

4. Multiply the excitment of those games by 4 if we are not yet eliminated.

I think everyone who writes on this website is a Ravens Fan. It is very disturbing when someone writes something negative about the team and then all of a sudden they "are not true Ravens Fans." Is this Russia? Can we not voice our opinions about the team? The truth of the matter is there is not a very good chance of us going to the Super Bowl. That's the ultimate goal--every year. There are 31 losers in this league and one champion. When some of our fellow bloggers try to point out the weaknesses of the team, some of you over zealous goofs want to throw them off the board.

Please have respect for those who have differing opinions other than yours.

Go RAVENS!!!