Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Anyone else sick of Mark Zinno?

I pretty much gave up listening. They are in disarray. Can't stand Zinno, Davis, Cerato, Younnes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Sirius NFL Radio or.
    SiriusNFL is the way to go but they've hired Bill Polian for the morning segment. I know he adds some insight but what a freakin blowhard. I get really tired of every reference being either Manning, Freeney or Mathis, etc. Also holierthanthou attitude on every subject.

<end of rant>

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    I pretty much gave up listening. They are in disarray. Can't stand Zinno, Davis, Cerato, Younnes.
    Regardless of how you spell it, that guy is an egotistical, name dropping, self absorbed blowhard. I don't care about his mother or about whatever dumb nickname he's come up with for some thing/person, or whether that thing/person likes it. And I sure as hell don't care that he ever had a "national" show, whatever that means. Your resume doesn't matter if you're hired and you suck.

And to those who would say, "then don't listen," well, I gave him a shot, I listened more than I should have, but then I learned my lesson and now I don't.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    If he created a new thread - someone would jump on him that there is already a thread about it.
    From 3 years ago? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Regardless of how you spell it, that guy is an egotistical, name dropping, self absorbed blowhard. I don't care about his mother or about whatever dumb nickname he's come up with for some thing/person, or whether that thing/person likes it. And I sure as hell don't care that he ever had a "national" show, whatever that means. Your resume doesn't matter if you're hired and you suck.

And to those who would say, "then don't listen," well, I gave him a shot, I listened more than I should have, but then I learned my lesson and now I don't.
    I agree. He's always acting like he's the shit cause he talks to Ed Reed and Lardarius Webb.

6. Re: Anyone else sick of Mark Zinno?

I have to disagree on Youness (whatever) but agree on Zinno - Necro thread FTW!!

Just about everyone on the air name drops. Who cares. Name a host on that station besides poor ole' Ken Weinman who doesnt name drop.
    Here's one thing about Youness - he lets the caller give his/her opinion and listens to it and respects it. I like that. Other stiffs like Zinno and Davis argue with the callers because their opinion matters more - and I cant stand that. Yup - Youness is a blow hard - I'll take him over the other teams in the lineup - by far. Until they put Kenny back in a time slot. I like the Commish - just wish he wasnt MADE to do sports. Weinman shoould be on with him in the mornings - Get rid of Davis - he is the worst.
    My .02

Quote Originally Posted by Schwankdaddy View Post
    I like the Commish - just wish he wasnt MADE to do sports. Weinman shoould be on with him in the mornings - Get rid of Davis - he is the worst.
    My .02
    Agree totally on this. I loved Ed's show when he went over current events and news. Steve Davis makes that show unlistenable for me.

I liked it when it was Ed and Rob for a little while a month or 2 ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwankdaddy View Post
    I have to disagree on Youness (whatever) but agree on Zinno - Necro thread FTW!!

Just about everyone on the air name drops. Who cares. Name a host on that station besides poor ole' Ken Weinman who doesnt name drop.
    Here's one thing about Youness - he lets the caller give his/her opinion and listens to it and respects it. I like that. Other stiffs like Zinno and Davis argue with the callers because their opinion matters more - and I cant stand that. Yup - Youness is a blow hard - I'll take him over the other teams in the lineup - by far. Until they put Kenny back in a time slot. I like the Commish - just wish he wasnt MADE to do sports. Weinman shoould be on with him in the mornings - Get rid of Davis - he is the worst.
    My .02
    I agree with just about all of this. Even though Youness is a spaz and likes to remind you that he lowered his standards to man a local talk show, I still like his energy. If you took Nestor Aparicio and removed 75% of his dickishness, you'd get Youness.

As for Davis, I think he comes across as worse than he probably really is in real life. (I would compare it to sending a sarcastic text message but failing to let the recipient know you are kidding). He has a style that I'll call dismissive, which hurts his likability. When I listen I feel like he's running a meeting and he won't allow anyone to get his agenda off track, and god forbid the meeting runs over.

Ed is great, but terribly cast in the morning role. Frankly, he needs to be on WBAL in the morning talking sports, politics, pop culture, etc., and working to establish a younger audience for them before their current audience all dies off. But something tells me that WBAL has its head too far up its ass to realize that.

9. Re: Anyone else sick of Mark Zinno?

While we are discussing the Fan's Lineup does anyone else find it impossible to listen to the sound of Garceau sucking in his breath after every comment he makes? Am I the only person who notices this?

I think Zinno is ok, although he doesn't always know what he's talking about. Sometimes, taking the opposing position is a tool to spark conversation, I don't know if that's his strategy but I guess people hate it. Either way, Ken Weiman is a much better sports guy, Rob Long too as well as Viviano. I can't wait until Garceau gets the hell out of the radio station too...

11. Re: Anyone else sick of Mark Zinno?

I don't mind Haynie, Rob, Wienman, and Conn. The rest can go and I wouldn't miss them. Actually if I had to pick one to go it would be Garceau. At least others I don't like actually have opinions they stand behind. Scott seems like he wont say anything the least bit controversial so he can be everyones friend.

Scott is so milquetoast and I haven't warmed to Conn's schtick. Allows me a good break from sports talk radio.