Page 187 of 333 FirstFirst ... 185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 2,233 to 2,244 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

First post!! Anyway, I feel the same way. Cody seems to have the work ethic as in the past few offseasons he has tried to improve his body whether by slimming down or gaining muscle. He still has potential Still I think Ozzie needs to grab a guy like Brandon Williams on the second day or Montori Hughes on the third day. They are big nose tackle types with some athleticism that Cody does not have.

Blog Entries

All they really need is a NT who commands the double at all times, to free up Ngata to wreak havoc. Which, in turn, frees up Suggs to wreak havoc.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Is Suggs going to be able to come back at full strength? If not I think that might make bolstering their pass rush the biggest need, especially with Kruger probably not coming back.

Blog Entries

Suggs will be back, I can assure you of that.

As for Cody, Ex, its time to move on from him. He's had three years, and hasn't done anything. He got away with it in college, because he was so big, he cant do those things in the NFL. We need to a NT more than we do a ILB IMO.

Blog Entries

About Doss, let's cut him some slack. His drops in the Colts game were difficult catches, and I understand him being a bit nervous, jumpy with it being a playoff game.

He has shown some glimpses of impressive ability, but with Caldwell not really starting to call plays until the playoffs, there was no room for trying to work him into the offense. I expect next season, Doss will be able to contribute a good deal.

Blog Entries

This is crazy to even think of it. But what happens if there really isn't any decent options at 32? Imagine if ozzie turned the card in for Eddie Lacy. Picture that for a second, rice, pierce and lacy, holy shit.

Moving on to realistic picks.....

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    About Doss, let's cut him some slack. His drops in the Colts game were difficult catches, and I understand him being a bit nervous, jumpy with it being a playoff game.

He has shown some glimpses of impressive ability, but with Caldwell not really starting to call plays until the playoffs, there was no room for trying to work him into the offense. I expect next season, Doss will be able to contribute a good deal.
    I can't do it...and he's my boy too.

Had we lost that game by 7 or less folks would STILL be talking today about how some 4th round scrub who should not have even been in the game lost Ray's last game at home. You've got to make the most of your opportunities. Doss did not do that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I can't do it...and he's my boy too.

Had we lost that game by 7 or less folks would STILL be talking today about how some 4th round scrub who should not have even been in the game lost Ray's last game at home. You've got to make the most of your opportunities. Doss did not do that.
    So, Doss has 1 bad game...sheesh.

He's still young and inexpensive. I'm not saying that Baltimore shouldn't consider bringing in other receivers via the draft, but Doss still has some value here.

I mean, look at how many passes Ed Dickson has dropped in his career here and he has had A LOT more passes thrown his way than Doss has.

Patience.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I say there's no need to draft a wide out at all if Jacoby and Boldin are on the roster next year. Flacco has some serious weapons to work with in Caldwell's new offense, which no team in the NFL has found a way to stop thus far. And its going to get better with FO likely to add another tight end, and one or two pieces to the Oline.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I say there's no need to draft a wide out at all if Jacoby and Boldin are on the roster next year. Flacco has some serious weapons to work with in Caldwell's new offense, which no team in the NFL has found a way to stop thus far. And its going to get better with FO likely to add another tight end, and one or two pieces to the Oline.
    I firmly believe that it is in a team's (any team) best interest to draft at least 1 WR at some point in the draft.

You never know and WR's are some of the hardest to scout effectively.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I firmly believe that it is in a team's (any team) best interest to draft at least 1 WR at some point in the draft.

If it happens, it will be in the 5th round or later, like last season, just someone to compete with Doss for #4.

This is assuming Boldin and Jacoby are kept, which I really hope they do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

If it happens, it will be in the 5th round or later, like last season, just someone to compete with Doss for #4.

This is assuming Boldin and Jacoby are kept, which I really hope they do.