Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Sam

Exclamation Michael Sam

Ok, yes, the cake make-out session got me a bit uncomfortable, but that's because I'm not acclimated to it. Nonetheless, this seems like a positive development for society and I want to know your reaction to this moment?

Gotta admit Sam has guts to come out before all this pressure of playing in the league.

Blog Entries

Re: Michael Sam

If this thread gets social/political in any way, shape, or form; it will be moved to the Politics sub-forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Glad he got picked up and I wish him well.

I wish him well, they probably dragged that make out session a bit longer than necessary, but that's ESPN for ya.

The Rams and Fisher are going to be scrutinized a bit from this point forward in regards to Sam.

Well, I'm an old school guy who is a bit of a homophobe. Not necessarily proud of that, just being honest. I was raised in a conservative environment where the gay life style was definitely not acceptable. I saw the Sam selection on ESPN and it freaked me out a bit. When he kissed the boy friend, it was really weird. On top of that, he cried like a baby. For me, I just don't know what to think of this.

Having said all that, I hold no ill will toward Sam, and I wish him the best of luck.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Glad he got drafted. Hope he can bulk up a bit and be productive so it's not a big deal for the next guy.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

I'm fine with it.

Everybody check out Bomani Jones' avy on twitter by the way.
    Please Ozzie, don't trade down

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    The Rams and Fisher are going to be scrutinized a bit from this point forward in regards to Sam.
    Yeah, the media loves to crowd the social issues like mosquitos to human flesh.

But in the 7th round, you can't make a football move that will get scrutinized too much.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Well, I'm an old school guy who is a bit of a homophobe. Not necessarily proud of that, just being honest. I was raised in a conservative environment where the gay life style was definitely not acceptable. I saw the Sam selection on ESPN and it freaked me out a bit. When he kissed the boy friend, it was really weird. On top of that, he cried like a baby. For me, I just don't know what to think of this.

Having said all that, I hold no ill will toward Sam, and I wish him the best of luck.
    A lot of guys cried when they got drafted.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by EdReedDaGawd View Post
    I'm fine with it.

Everybody check out Bomani Jones' avy on twitter by the way.
    You should post it.

i think its clear that teams viewed Sam as somewhat of tweener. I would think Sam would do well, if not as a starter, then as a special team ace.

I was actually hoping we draft Sam in 6th round as a guy to replace #51 that left last year. No, not because of their political or social view, but i think Sam would be relentless guy that would do anything asked of him.

I wonder what it must feel like to be gay, or how people became gay. What a mind fuck