Page 18 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Re: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Ok.

Still doesnt mean Lebron isnt clutch.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    It's all relative, LeBron is a beast and usually doesn't need last second heroics. For the record I consider Robert Horry one of the clutchest players in NBA history

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Well, I think you are absolutely wrong on the switching thing. It wouldn't matter which player switched with Kobe - the Lakers were such a hot mess that they weren't going anywhere. LeBron, as good as he is, couldn't have saved LA this season.
    They used kobe as a facilitator, which he clearly isnt. Lebron is. Having a big that can rebound and defend, even if struggling by his standards in howard and still having a smoothing shooting big man like bosh in gasol. Id absolutely say theyd have been better off with lebron. Kobe losing the rebounding he needs as a career 42% shooter, i cant say the heat would even be in the same position. Dont get me wrong the lakers had issues, but a lot of that was brought on by kobe himself and blending of egos. Just by their styles of play alone some of that would have been fixed.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    Lebron has two things going against him causing this perception. 1. The finals losses. Which people will forget about only when he wins multiple titles and 2. He has no defining plays. He doesn't have the shot or the flu game. People need to see the series clinching buzzer beater or they'll never give him respect.
    I think thats exactly what it comes down to. His last second game winners arent spectacular, or have the story to go along with it. Because by just about any measure hes been better but doesnt have the folklore or mystique that kobe and jordan have, or even robert horry.

Good article describing that very thing.
    http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...00&src=desktop

concludes that carmello is actually the best at scoring with the game on the line in the final 24 @ 47.7. James ahead of kobe, 33.3 to 31.3. I just dont think one can conclude that lebron is simply not clutch at all and kobe is. Its opinion to say one over the other, that i can concede but to say not at all when LBJ beats him, or is atleast within margin to say theyre practically the same, in just about every way of comparing the two. I just dont see it unless theres an unfair bias against lebron driving it.

I will say while a lot would choose kobe to take a final shot, i would go with carmello. Maybe some will find the stat above surprising but being a knicks fan its been one of the few bright spots. To have the ball in their hands to win a game by any means, that would be lebron.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 06-02-2013 at 08:27 AM.
    -JAB

This pretty much sums up what everyone seems to be saying in regards to the "clutch" debate ....

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.c...ion-of-clutch/

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Sorry that simply...and it was a very simple statement...saying I hate Gtown and the Pacers means that I'm taking something personal to you apparently.
    Your tone seemed to be, "Well, you don't like the guy I like? I don't like the guy YOU like! So there!"
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Your tone seemed to be, "Well, you don't like the guy I like? I don't like the guy YOU like! So there!"
    Not at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

So about that "Big 3"...

Blog Entries

Indiana is the better team and they do match up well. When Hibbert is off, George is on.

Lebron has no help whatsoever, it's really sad. These guys have to figure out a way to match up and score a few points, they can't expect him to carry the team every game. Bosch 5 points really? Haslem 0

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This pretty much sums up what everyone seems to be saying in regards to the "clutch" debate ....

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.c...ion-of-clutch/
    While I would agree "clutchness" isn't really all the important, it does exist. This just sounds like an excuse article

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Indiana is the better team and they do match up well. When Hibbert is off, George is on.

Lebron has no help whatsoever, it's really sad. These guys have to figure out a way to match up and score a few points, they can't expect him to carry the team every game. Bosch 5 points really? Haslem 0
    I think Mike Miller should get more minutes in game 7. He has always been consistent from beyond the arc.

Bosh needs to stop settling for mid range jumpers. Try to get in the paint and force the issue for Hibbert.

Wade needs to play his game. If he tries to force it the Heat will lose. Just finish when you get opportunities.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I think Mike Miller should get more minutes in game 7. He has always been consistent from beyond the arc.

Bosh needs to stop settling for mid range jumpers. Try to get in the paint and force the issue for Hibbert.

Wade needs to play his game. If he tries to force it the Heat will lose. Just finish when you get opportunities.
    Can't disagree with any of that; Wade is obviously injured and he's too timid. Missing layup after layup is inexcusable. He and Bosch combined made 4 of their 19 shots!

If you're going to play, give it your all. As Ray Lewis said 'You can rest later' :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    So about that "Big 3"...
    James... Cole...? ... and... ... Miller?