Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Blog Entries

Re: Big Ben

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Typical Ravens fans, blocking their ears and screaming "he's still playing, he's still playing!" without accepting that this is actually being reported as a serious injury. Quit it with the reverse psychology guys, if he's out, he's out...
    until we know we can only assume he'll be there. hes done it too many times not to. Now there is speculation that its severe, but until thats what is reported as being true, i have to go with the original thought.

I do think the injury is real. I just think if its only a sprain hell pass it off as a separation until game time. Until i hear for certain otherwise, thats what my opinion is, thats not reverse psychology or wishful thiking, its just based on the best information we currently have, which isnt much.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    So you believe he left a close game on Monday Night and go to the hospital to get attention?

Ridiculous. Ben gets plenty of attention no matter what he does.
    Yeah, that would be really off the wall......if it ever really happened.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

I don't believe a thing I read on ESPN or any national sports media.......
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Did you ever read the story, "the boy who cried wolf"?

Blog Entries

I think some people are possibly misusing the terms 'faked' and 'milked'. Kind of similar to the Gaither topic. Faking means it never took place (which is doubtful in both scenarios), milking means they can play it up for their or their teams benefit. Granted Sanders was just fined for "faking" an injury, under the circumstances i cant see Roethlisberger faking anything. theres no benefit. However milking is something hes done before. Without know he could have been pulled for precautionary reasons and now be able to milk a lesser injury. Hes also been legitimately hurt and unable to play so I think we should see whats actually reported and not speculated.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Yeah, we've been made Leftwich's bitch on more than one occasion in his illustrious "Boller Beating" career... They still have speed at WR, and a decent Running game. KC did a good job shutting their WRs down on a slow field. But, if Wallace is running free, it doesn't matter who the QB is.
    LOL. Shouldn't you be posting exclusively in the "We're going to go 8-8" thread? That seems to have pretty well summed up your feelings on this team...no need to rehash.

Ben played on a bad ankle at San Francisco last year and it relly hurt the team. It owuld have been better to play Batch or Leftwich.

I do no tquestion his toughness or willingness to play with nagging injuries.

This injury may be a different story. If he can't throw he can't go.

I recall watching Bradshaw trying to throw with his injured elbow. He threw a limp pass for a touchdown against the Jets but it was his last throw in the NFL.

Have we heard from Ben yet? He has said nothing, as usual. The only time he talks about his injuries is when he is asked. Show me where he rented out commericla intim or rented and ad the Sun talking about his injury. Guess what - the MEDIA talks about his injuries. He is hurt - how would you expect it to play out? High ankle sprains, broken noses, ribs, broken foot, etc, how is that crying wolf? It is select fans and haters who just label him that way. Please present to me evidence of him crying wolf.

Much is made of him playing hurt because, well, he is played hurt much more than most QB's. I can understand having disdain for him as an opposing fan, but to make unfounded statements like that? That has zero credibility. I just with the guy would have a full season, he was having a great year.

Did you ever read the story, "the boy who cried wolf"?

The Steelers could have a corpse at quarterback and they could still win a Super Bowl. Their games are rigged. I’ve been saying it for years, and every year is more proof. People realize that last time Roethlisberger got hurt, Charlie Batch went undefeated with the exception of the Ravens game, and the Ravens needed a last second Flacco TD pass to win. Oh yeah, and IN BALTIMORE the Ravens needed OVERTIME to beat the Steelers with Dennis Dixon (out of the league) at quarterback (the Ravens have won 15 straight home games!) . Roethlisberger is irrelevant, if the refs are there, the Steelers will be fine. They will probably just need him in the playoffs if they are to play the patriots, otherwise it doesn't matter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Please present to me evidence of him crying wolf.

Much is made of him playing hurt because, well, he is played hurt much more than most QB's.
    Thanks for providing the evidence. :)

How is that crying Wolf? High ankle sprains, broken noses, broken feet, etc. How is that evidence? Evidence of injury, and playing through them. If he sits out, due to a documented injury, guess what - he would be a labeled a "wimp." Granted, he has played when it surely was not prudent, but do you know what? His loyalty and dedication cannot be question. I want real evidence, not an attempt at wit.

I have never heard him proclaim his injuries. They appear on injury reports, just like any other player. He just happens to be hurt more. And he is a key player, so of course much will be made over his injury. If Batch separates his shoulder nobody on planet earth would know!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Thanks for providing the evidence. :)

Wait...what's going on in here?

Ben is a drama queen, but he is one of the toughest, most competitive SOB's in the game...at any position really.

If he can play, he will...if he can't, he won't.

FYI, Apparently Tomlin just said it's a shoulder sprain and he will be listed as questionable this week.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.