Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Ray Rice - slowing down? Or still injured?

I agree, this is the first time i'm legitimately concerned about Ray Rice

Re: Ray Rice - slowing down? Or still injured?

He hasn't been himself for a few years now. He's slower, can't break arm tackles and just doesn't have that burst anymore. I think its a contract that's not going to pan out well for us. I'd look for trade offers and if the right player was available I'd think about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    He hasn't been himself for a few years now. He's slower, can't break arm tackles and just doesn't have that burst anymore. I think its a contract that's not going to pan out well for us. I'd look for trade offers and if the right player was available I'd think about it.
    I agree. It just seems like he lost that quickness which made him so dangerous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They just need to block an open some holes for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

You beat me to it. Blocking is still a problem with all that pressure in the backfield.

Ray had 2.7 yrds pr carry.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Ravens but the guy from Fla State that ran vs
    Terps had 9 yds per carry going into the game and scored on the first drive but that;s college football, but 9 yds pr carry?

ILMAO

Blog Entries

I think it's a combination of both, along with shoddy run blocking this year. I think we've seen the best of Ray Rice, but that doesn't mean he can't be a contributor. I just think his role needs to be cut back and Pierce needs to take on more of the rushing load, with Rice used more and more as a pass catcher first and runner second.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I agree. It just seems like he lost that quickness which made him so dangerous.

He was quick enough scoring while standing up on some great blocking that time. That's
    what I'm saying. Wagner demolished his man for Rice.If the holes are there he will dart
    thru em.

I'm still waiting for HARBs to switch him to slot receiver like his boss Andy Reid did with
    Westbrook in Philly. HARBs must have forgotten that. Ray will be more dangerous
    like 4th and 29 in SD. That will get him into the open field and there's nobody good
    in the slot right now. Nobody after Torrey Smith.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He was quick enough scoring while standing up on some great blocking that time. That's
    what I'm saying. Wagner demolished his man for Rice.
    No doubt. I'm not saying that Rice can't still be effective. My main point is that Rice just didn't have the burst like he used to. It happens to all RB's at some point.

Blog Entries

look at Sproles and Reggie Bush, Rice is in his prime. He is banged up and the Oline is struggling. Keep giving him the rock

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ... Some think that Rice is just slowing down big time and he can't do the things he used to. Others think he is still feeling from the hip injury during the Browns game. He has had a lot of touches dating back to his Rutgers days...and historically 27 seems to be that magical age where backs start to wear down...
    IMO three things are at play with (the 2013) Ray Rice :
    (1) He has slowed down a bit.
    (2) Ravens Oline play has been sub-par
    (3) His injured hip is not 100%
    I do believe that when (notice I didn't write "if") the Oline improves, and RR is fully healthy, we will see a much improved RB... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    look at Sproles and Reggie Bush, Rice is in his prime. He is banged up and the Oline is struggling. Keep giving him the rock
    I hope it's just his hip injury. I agree though. Keep feeding him the ball.

That's from the 2 yard line, its a little different when you only have 1 wave of tacklers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    That's from the 2 yard line, its a little different when you only have 1 wave of tacklers.
    You must have missed his big gain in the first qtr with 9:17 left. KO and FAT MAC wiped out
    the left side of the line and Ray veered left then cut up the middle and up Gino's ass who was in the 2d level taking out a big linebacker, # 58. It was an 12 yard gain -up the middle.

On the very next play Ray just made it to the los because there was no hole. Both
    Gino and KO were run over.

And the announcer said Ray is still dealing with his injury.

If the holes are there, Ray will hit them.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-06-2013 at 11:00 PM.