Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Anybody Else Not Amused By This?

Couldn't agree more. I get that fans who were Colts fans will always feel the pain that they had something so important literally snatched away in the night. And I don't think that should ever be forgotten, but there's times where it seems a tad ungrateful towards the fantastic team that Baltimore now has.

Would anyone rather have the Colts?
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

Re: Anybody Else Not Amused By This?

It's one thing to tell people to not be oversensitive, but telling them to have a "sense of humor" about it is appalling. There is nothing remotely funny or clever about that, it's merely insulting.

Pretty ballsy by the Sun.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

I'm old enough that the move ripped my heart out.

But this does not bother me. The cartoon is just lame. That kind of thing was funny like... the first year we had the internet.

Anyway, just think: if old drunk Irsay had stayed in Baltimore longer he might have become buddies with Peter Angelos and sold the Colts to him instead of leaving them to his son. Think we'd be riding a 4-year playoff streak in that scenario? Count your blessings.

I had my heart broken in the middle of the snowy night like many of us, but I thought this was cute. It was a good try; kinda failed, but still a good try. Why can't we at least sometimes have fun with cultural narratives like this? Even if the attempt is kinda lame.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I get that fans who were Colts fans will always feel the pain that they had something so important literally snatched away in the night. And I don't think that should ever be forgotten, but there's times where it seems a tad ungrateful towards the fantastic team that Baltimore now has.

Would anyone rather have the Colts?
    Irsay vs. Bisciotti? No contest. The Ravens have greater ownership now than the Colts ever did.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I know some people are gonna blast me for this but what the hell.... At what point do we stop acting like crybabies and finally be able have some sense of humor about all this. Bottom line, Colts left and it really really sucked. Despite the NFL's best efforts to screw us, we got ourselves an amazing organization that a lot of other cities would DIE for. Come on folks lets laugh a little..... we could be Cleveland :happyanim
    Agreed.

Water under the bridge.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.826673,-117.205311

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Come on folks lets laugh a little..... we could be Cleveland :happyanim
    . . . or Jacksonville.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    It's one thing to tell people to not be oversensitive, but telling them to have a "sense of humor" about it is appalling. There is nothing remotely funny or clever about that, it's merely insulting.
    And this was exactly my point.
    I'm not overly sensitive in the least (as people that know me can attest), but I thought this was done in very poor taste by the local newspaper at a time when most of it's subscribers are still stinging a little from last Sundays game result.

I tend to equate this piece to the dickheads that thought it would be "cute" and "amusing" to hoist up a Mayflower flag on the tailgate parking lot when the Colts were playing here back in the 2006 playoffs.
    Nobody really thought that was amusing or a clever attempt at humor either on that lot.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

This just shows us that the people running The Sun are completely out of touch with Baltimore and its sports.

Is it a big deal? To some, I find it insensitive. It is just plain stupid. It isn't funny, I can accept things that are insensitive as funny in some way but this just is not. It is weak as comedy all by itself. In the moderator's section somebody brought up a poster signing up as "Wideleft" recently. I can see that as offensive but I can also see it as funny, I chuckled a bit at it. So I have a sense of humor about stuff like this.

But this? Really stupid to offend a large number of people with something that just is not funny.

I grew up in a Baltimore Colts household and went to games with season tickets from 74-82. It absolutely sucked to lose the Colts for me. To go 13 years without a team and an even mild interest in NFL football other than betting games also sucked. The truth is we are much better off with our current organization and now going on close to 30 years, I have far moved beyond the Colts.

I don't see much humor in the photo as it is probably more intended to point out irony that be funny. Good riddance Chuck...you're now the enemy.

Blog Entries

Since it's the local paper; it was unnecessary and they obviously knew they would get a reaction.

However, Indy is a complete mess, Manning is gone, they have huge cap issues and it's very unlikely they'll see that level of success again for a long time

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!