Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: McKinnie returns.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im a little shocked its more than dunlap but knowing theres probably some incentives hes unlikely to see (probowl for instance). I figure the deals closer to 2m/year. Assuming his first year is guaranteed and 1m of next year, so maybe 3ish?
    I'd say 3-4 guaranteed at the max. He's slated to start at LT, that's still pretty low for a starting LT. Hopefully he delivers value.

Blog Entries

Dear McKinnie:

I just sent you a bag of Bic Macs to celebrate.

Welcome back, man.

Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie Signs 2 year deal with Ravens

Now if we can get Gains ready in two years or sooner and have him and
    KO on the left side - WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I'm really hoping this is just a depth move. 31 other teams passed on the guy, and many of them have much worse LT situations than we do. An out-of-shape, overweight, motivationally challenged, aging LT is not setting off any champagne corks in my house tonight.
    No they didn't. The Chargers and Dolphins both had offers and it was reported the Cowboys were interested in him yesterday. Not surprised Ozzie made the move after hearing he could be signed at any moment by another team. It reminds me how they went into action to get Arthur Brown once they knew another team was close to getting him. I feel better with Big Mac back. Hope he makes the most of it.

His weight has to be ok now and in reasonable condition to get 2 other offers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    This is a huge relief. I made a prediction earlier that the Ravens would go with Oher again at LT this year against all advice but it looks like they've finally realized he's not an LT. I couldn't be happier to be wrong.
    If only you'd listened to the Sword long ago. Oher's moves to LT were only through necessity. He was drafted to be the bookend to Gaither, who couldn't pull his head out of his ass. He was then the emergency option until Bryant McKinnie arrived, who also couldn't pull his head out of his ass for a good while. It'll be hard for the Ravens to get one of the best LT prospects in the draft, because their selections tend to be too low in the round. If they ever find a decent LT whose head isn't stuck up his ass, they'll leave Oher alone.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    His weight has to be ok now and in reasonable condition to get 2 other offers
    I read that Miami worked him out before giving him an offer. Due diligence is working him out, it make sense he was in reasonable condition before they offered the money.

Blog Entries

I disagree. Oher was intended as the Blind Side guy from the second Ozzie turned
    the card in. Joe needed weapons but Oz went with protection instead. He failed
    miserably at LT so he remains at RT where he is much better.

Blog Entries

We have our bookends. Those were DeCosta's words AirFlacco.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Starting to look like San Francisco will be losing another Super Bowl to the Ravens next year too! Hopefully we figure out who is replacing Boldin soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    are you a rusky :)
    Nyet, tovarishch! That is, Нет, товарищ!

Only play one on board for own bemusement--or, as Chermans zay, Schitzengigls.

Yours truthily,
    Никлаи Иванович Лобачевский

One man deserves the credit,
    One man deserves the blame,
    And Nikolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky is his name!
    Oy!

Oy, indeed...
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 05-02-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: to add по-русский!

Quote Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
    Starting to look like San Francisco will be losing another Super Bowl to the Ravens next year too! Hopefully we figure out who is replacing Boldin soon.
    I think 9ers do not make it to the SB. Jim H has been exposed and will have the team having a hard time in his division. Seattle and St Louis beat them last year and will do it again this season. CK will be running for his life and pull a RG3 injury. Who's their backup?