Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4344454647 ... LastLast

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    What do I need to bring? He's been fired. We've all seen why. I'm intrigued, but I don't really have much to say about this apart from make lame jokes to amuse myself.
    Congrats

This move was long overdue and now Joe can breathe.

Wilbon on PTI basically just said that Flacco made Cam look bad and not vice versa. Ridiculous. Said the problem was Flacco's fumbling and interceptions. Right. Even the best QBs turn the ball over sometimes. Flacco has never been and still isn't a quarterback who turns the ball over a lot. Flacco's turnovers are more likely a symptom of Cam failing to adjust as the defense adjusts to what our offense has been doing. And Cam's playbook not having the kind of plays in it that suit our players or help receivers get open. It's not like that INT yesterday was really Flacco's fault... The guy had pressure coming at him immediately and he tried to throw the ball away, it got tipped and it bounced around and Fletcher made an immaculate/lucky/ridiculous catch for the int.

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Wilbon on PTI basically just said that Flacco made Cam look bad and not vice versa. Ridiculous. Said the problem was Flacco's fumbling and interceptions. Right. Even the best QBs turn the ball over sometimes. Flacco has never been and still isn't a quarterback who turns the ball over a lot. Flacco's turnovers are more likely a symptom of Cam failing to adjust as the defense adjusts to what our offense has been doing. And Cam's playbook not having the kind of plays in it that suit our players or help receivers get open. It's not like that INT yesterday was really Flacco's fault... The guy had pressure coming at him immediately and he tried to throw the ball away, it got tipped and it bounced around and Fletcher made an immaculate/lucky/ridiculous catch for the int.
    PTI is scripted too. Him and Tony always take opposite sides to discuss. They flip flop on topics more than anyone else on tv. Just like Skip Bayless, they do it for the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Ignore Wilbon, this asshole has always hated Joe maybe more than Skip Bayless does. He said Joe was a below average QB after the Houston loss. Joe does have to develop better pocket presence and stop the fumbling but we know Cameron hurt him more than the other way around. Don't listen to jerks like Wilbon or Bayless, listen to Ron Jaworski, Greg Cosell and Adam Caplan who know Cameron was the problem and have the film to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    PTI is scripted too. Him and Tony always take opposite sides to discuss. They flip flop on topics more than anyone else on tv. Just like Skip Bayless, they do it for the ratings.
    Bayless always denied that he wasn't trying to get ratings but he's definitely doing that now, he's making $500,000 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Both times he tried getting the ball out. First Oher got beat so bad and fast nothing would've mattered, although Joe should've known and stepped up(Strip sack), the second time KO got beat so badly(INT) and even on that Joe had no chance, nowhere to go he couldn't step up because Birk was in his lap.

The third was the DB coming unblocked, THAT one I fully blame on Joe he should've audibled out and into a run, or a bootleg away from the DB's.
    I have said for the last few seasons that Birk is the real problem with our o-line. Joe is a tall QB but he can't step into his throws because the middle of the pocket is always collapsing. I have noticed lately he is almost trying to compensate by changing his delivery, but it's killing his accuracy. I saw one pass against the Skins where Joe really stepped into a throw and that was a perfectly thrown ball to Torrey Smith for a big gain.

8. Re: Coaching Change?

It is about time they fired him. I was so tired of the predictability the ravens have had with this guy running the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Volse11 View Post
    It is about time they fired him. I was so tired of the predictability the ravens have had with this guy running the offense.
    rharris, is that you? :p

My issue with him was always letting an opponent get back in the game. We would get up 10-14 pts then go conservative. We need a Patriots game plan. Get a team down but always keep scoring. He also could never adjust after being stopped a few times. Until it was too late and then try to open it back up. Unless its they way they want it. Seems its try not to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    My issue with him was always letting an opponent get back in the game. We would get up 10-14 pts then go conservative. We need a Patriots game plan. Get a team down but always keep scoring. He also could never adjust after being stopped a few times. Until it was too late and then try to open it back up. Unless its they way they want it. Seems its try not to lose.
    This move not only gets rid of Cam and his questionable play calling, but it allows the Ravens to give Flacco a new contract without fan uproar. The front office can say that Flacco and Caldwell will need some time to meld..

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I'm sure alot led up to this before this game. I actually thought Cam called one of his better games oddly enough yesterday. But, the PLAY that sealed his fate was the 3rd and 5 interception on the Redskin 13. He had split RR wide right as WR( empty backfeild) dumb with a 5 man line, the OLB came of the edge with no Rice to guard and hit Joe in like 2 seconds and forced a pick. 5 guys can't block 6, plus you took away his asssignment of spying Rice or using Rice as the chip blocker for time. Once they set up that formation I knew they wouldnt convert and was hoping for no turnover, that play cost them 3 points maybe 7 if they use a different play and convert. Never go empty backfeild in Redzone on a 3rd down or anydown, just dumb. When they do it failure always results. Glad Cam is gone, very glad. That is only one head rolling, more to come.
    According to Preston and HIS sources and Harbaugh, protection packages is ultimately what got Cam fired. This play is the one that cost them the game ultimately and not trying to score at the end of the game and halftime. His QB protection scheme on this play was HORRIFIC. Never go empty backfeild with 5 lineman only. NEVER EVER. RR was split wide at the sideline. JUST EPICALLY STUPID.