Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Osemele will start opening game, McKinnie in danger to make roster

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Not going to happen. Oher will be here - and starting - this year and next.

I can understand people being disappointed with Oher, but this is a bit over the top.
    Even I agree with you here Ravor...

He's worth the contract he has. The pick was spent and is gone, so all you can look at is what he will make next year vs his production, and it's a fair trade for sure. All teams need at least two capable LT's, and I consider Oher an acceptable #2 in that regards. Combine that will his acceptability on the right side and you have a fair value for his contract.
    I'd prefer not to see him at LT ever again in purple, and would even prefer to have a better option on the right, but he has value for the team regardless.

Now if the poster were to say he wouldn't re-sign AFTER next year, then I would agree. Some bad team will probably overpay him to try and play LT... lol

Tony Lombardi is on this site and it drives me crazy that some of you don't rely on him more far as getting inside information. Tony or Aaron Wilson can confirm this so lets ask them, Tony what's the inside scoop on McKinnie and K.O.?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    However, McKinnie, who a lot of you all seem to think is still a premium tackle in this league, .

You keep saying this, but I think you are the only one saying it.
    I think, but could be wrong, that the general sentiment is that McKinnie is "marginally better" then the below average Oher. To me, that makes him roughly league average, not premier, nor elite.
    The big difference that I personally see is that MCKinnie keeps his rusher, on average NO WHERE NEAR AS CLOSE to Flacco as Oher does. Oher's passblocking style REALLY doesn't fit the LT position, IMO. His complete unwillingness to extend his arms gets passrushers much closer to Flacco and, IMO more likely to cause panic, bat down passes or peel off for an easy sack.
    Oher is a far better run blocker, particularly back side, second level and mobility plays. Mckinnie, to me is jsut a better shield blocker int he pass game which gives Flacco more time and confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    I guess he know's something even the coaches don't know then.

...coming from the actual Ravens website.
    I hope that turns out to be our starting lineup. McKinnie, Osemele, Birk, Yanda, and Oher puts our best 5 guys in. Not a fan of another 35+ year old starting on the line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I hope that turns out to be our starting lineup. McKinnie, Osemele, Birk, Yanda, and Oher puts our best 5 guys in. Not a fan of another 35+ year old starting on the line.
    That's been the line the past 2 days. I'm hoping it stays that way also.

McKinnie is not getting cut. To take a chance on having two below average LT's(Oher and Harewood) and two unproven RT's (KO and Reid) you risk Joe getting hurt and the season being over before it starts especially when the Ravens face basically every pass rusher known to man this year.

Hell the shot he took in the Atlanta game that left me cringing. The good news is that they have some good young pieces in Yanda, KO and even Oher whom I believe will develop into a good RT. What the Ravens need more than anything else is to draft a franchise LT or by some act of congress get Jake Long from the Fish.

Having that LT will really balance out the line and they need to do something if they really want Joe to stay upright and for the running game to thrive.

On a related topic, I am surprised no one has mentioned the comment the writer made about Ray and Courtney.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Oz will never admit this huge mistake. Never.

He'll give him a big signing bonus before he cuts him.
    Just a small point of order. Ozzie really isn't the guy who decides if a player is cut. Harbaugh and his staff decide on the final roster. Oh sure, the GM is going to have a say if the staff wants to cut a guy who will leave the team hamstrung with a lot of dead money, but if Harbaugh doesn't think a guy is able to help the team, it's his opinion, not Ozzie's ego that matters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    On a related topic, I am surprised no one has mentioned the comment the writer made about Ray and Courtney.
    I don't think it has any validity. Upshaw has been dealing with a shoulder injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Osemele will not start the opening game, McKinnie is in no danger to make roster.

p.s.: I don't need unnamed sources to state that!
    Ya may want to be careful with what you consider facts.

Ummm...

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz
    Also, with Bobbie Williams back today, Osemele has shifted back to RT with the first team offense. McKinnie back to second team LT

Damn I hope we aren't all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    Ummm...

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz
    Also, with Bobbie Williams back today, Osemele has shifted back to RT with the first team offense. McKinnie back to second team LT

Damn I hope we aren't all wrong.
    Weird... I guess that one guy earlier in the thread was right, that it looks like we were thinking of this shuffling backwards.

Now I'm scared again, scared that the coaching staff is ONCE AGAIN determined to play Oher on the "Blind side" no matter how poorly he performs.

Guys you get more reps with the 2nd team than you do with the first. Its the same thing with Cody on the 2nd team. They want to give Mickinne more reps AND get him in 100% shape. Look at the depth chart and he is the starting LT. KO will be the back up guard and Oher will be RT.

Also, there is no way mickinne gets cut at the most he is an expensive back up. They need insurance if they choose to go with oher and KO at T and Bobbie williams at G.