Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Yea I hate non-stars who work with charities and advocacy programs trying to help those less fortunate. What jerks.
    Like you, I commend BA on his work, but following him on Twitter is insufferable. He's not the nicest dude in the world.

His recent appearance on Jim Rome was especially bad. If you're going to be outspoken, you'll get more with honey than you will with vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Like you, I commend BA on his work, but following him on Twitter is insufferable. He's not the nicest dude in the world.

His recent appearance on Jim Rome was especially bad. If you're going to be outspoken, you'll get more with honey than you will with vinegar.
    I follow him on twitter and have never thought he was "not nice". What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I follow him on twitter and have never thought he was "not nice". What do you mean?
    See how he treats those who disagree with him on any stance. It devolves into name calling usually started by BA.

Blog Entries

See how he treats those who disagree with him on any stance. It devolves into name calling usually started by BA.
    I'd say it's a bit two way street there. He gets his fair share of name callers dishing to him first.

But I can see that point. He gets pretty defensive about his stance and generally gets riled up when someone directly disagrees with him. Is Chris Kluwe much different? He's just saltier with his language.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

No clue about Kluwe. I don't follow him.

Strictly speaking, there are ways around this.

Theft has a statute of limitations. If you happened to be the one to find the ring and successfully hid the fact you removed the ring, all you'd have to do is keep it (and keep your mouth shut) until the statute runs out.
    well, yeah... You could melt it down for raw materials weight no your own(only takes a torch... You could sell it privately to some rich guy to put in his trophy case... I was jsut sayign that it's not like you can find the ring nd put it on Ebay for $30k, or walk in to "Gold and Silver Pawn" and get $15k... The fact that you can't legally sell it means that whatever you do with it will mean you get pennies on the dollar...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    well, yeah... You could melt it down for raw materials weight no your own(only takes a torch... You could sell it privately to some rich guy to put in his trophy case... I was jsut sayign that it's not like you can find the ring nd put it on Ebay for $30k, or walk in to "Gold and Silver Pawn" and get $15k... The fact that you can't legally sell it means that whatever you do with it will mean you get pennies on the dollar...
    You'll be free to sell it once the statute of limitations runs out. That was my point.

Now the owner of the ring might try to sue you civilly but as long as you're being discreet about it, they may never know about it.

You'll be free to sell it once the statute of limitations runs out. That was my point.

Now the owner of the ring might try to sue you civilly but as long as you're being discreet about it, they may never know about it.
    I would think, could be wrong, that Discreet, and top dollar are mutually exclusive terms when dealing with an item such as this. I would think a high end auction would be the best place to sell, and is far from discreet.

I would think, could be wrong, that Discreet, and top dollar are mutually exclusive terms when dealing with an item such as this. I would think a high end auction would be the best place to sell, and is far from discreet.
    There's so many grey and black markets out there you'd have ZERO trouble fencing something that valuable.

Just have to know where to look.

There's so many grey and black markets out there you'd have ZERO trouble fencing something that valuable.

Just have to know where to look.
    I get that, but for what price? Methinks those gray markets generally operate far below fair market value. 33% tops...

I get that, but for what price? Methinks those gray markets generally operate far below fair market value. 33% tops...
    If you're desperate for money? Yes.

If you're patient and don't need the cash right away, you're going to find someone out there who is an uber Ravens fan willing to pony up the dough for a one of kind trophy for the man cave.

12. Re: Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already

Strictly speaking, there are ways around this.

Theft has a statute of limitations. If you happened to be the one to find the ring and successfully hid the fact you removed the ring, all you'd have to do is keep it (and keep your mouth shut) until the statute runs out.

While the statute of limitations on the theft (for purpose of prosecution) may run out, the stolen property remains the property of the individual who lost it. So at a certain point you could no longer be prosecuted for stealing it, but ownership of the property doesn't simply transfer to the person possessing it once the statute on the theft runs out, especially when the owner's identity is affixed to it.

There is no statute of limitations on recovering stolen property and technically while you couldn't be charged with theft after the statute ran out you could certainly still be charged with possession of stolen property.